1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warn M8274

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by dylanjbegin, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jan 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    dylanjbegin

dylanjbegin [OP] Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    98 v6 allpro'ed up
    All pro bumpers front and rear, Custom Steel Skid plate / Grill, HID conversion,KN Cold air, JBA headers, Throttle body spacer, 3'' cat back exhaust, jungle fender flares, wheel spacers, 31'' rubber
    Hey guys looking for some input on a winch purchase. Iv found a Warn M8274 winch for sale for $300, unfortunately it is in pieces and i have yet to see pictures of the beast. Just wondering if you could give me a heads up if this could potentially be a score or is this pretty common. I dont think id have too much of a problem putting it back together as long as all the parts are there.

2. Jan 22, 2013 at 3:09 AM
    KiltedRonin

KiltedRonin Poor Impulse Control

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronin
    Silver Spring, MD.
    Vehicle:
    2011 access cab, MGM, leer 180.
    That's a hella score if it can be reassembled.

One of the fastest (if not THE fastest) line speeds out there. It's also one of the physically coolest running winches out there. Great drum capacity and a very desirable winch.

I don't know if it will fit in any of the available aftermarket bumpers for our trucks though. It's quite a bit taller than other winches that do fit.

3. Jan 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    The 8274 is hands down one of the very best winches on the market. I ran one for years and did a lot of winching with it on my FJ40. That price is great, but it's not going to fit on a Tacoma unless you have a bumper that sticks way out in front, and/or you cut your grill to it will fit. It will probably need both a huge bumper and a lot of cutting.

Products Discussed in

To Top