Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

tips for wheeling in snow?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
tips for wheeling in snow?

I've recently been venturing off the roads and into the snow and have been having some trouble. The snow around here is maybe 1.5 feet in the deepest i drive in and pretty hard. I usually can go until my tires spin and then i sink. From then on i end up digging and jockeying back and forth just to get back to the road. I have 33x12.50 gt radial m/ts and i do have an e-locker. Anyone have any advice for these conitions that could help? I love wheeling in snow but feel like im not going nealy as far as i could.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Momentum..... Whether its 20 kph or 2 kph ... you need momentum. As soon as you stop, back up and get a little momentum, or else you will sink in.

And yeah, 3' ... that's a lot of snow to be pushing..
Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
For the most part 3' is over exaggerating. The deepest i've actually wheeled in is knee high on me, so maybe 1.5 feet(.5 meter for you oz) . Not sure what i was thinking right there when i put 3'...better go back and edit the OP.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
I have fierce attitude 285's and I can push through 2' of powder pretty good, I air down to 15psi, TRD sport, no locker, momentum is key.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
TRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD 09's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget the turn your traction control completely off, that will kill the fun in a hurry
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
when you start to get slowed down in the snow let off the gas and dont hold it down so you dont get stuck and can still back out
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Airing down is the first part. Figure out what psi works best. My old Maxxis Bighorns wouldn't grip until 8 PSI sometimes.