Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

2nd Gen vs F150 wheeling

Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #41
Hedley Lamarr is on a distinguished road
Name: Ernie
Hedley Lamarr's Tacoma Gallery
Unless he is modded (locker, aggressive tires) it won't be close. I've owned every truck except for a Ram, and the only thing I have owned that could go anywhere I can take this Tacoma was my Pro-4x Frontier.... The biggest advantage the Tacoma has over all of these vehicles is turning radius. The Frontier isn't as big, but it doesn't turn anywhere as well.... The 5.4L in his F150 looks decent numbers wise, but its a dud.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #43
mynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shedmynameistory is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
If you're trying to outdo a 16 year old kid with a mouth, you've already lost. Who cares?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #44
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
When I was I 16 I took some friends in my mothers 2wd tundra fishing one day and it started raining on us, we were rushing to get back to a paved road, didn't make it! Got stuck bad!!!! I mean I buried that SOB! My g/f at the time had a male friend with a 4wd tacoma....it was that day I knew I wanted a tacoma!!!!! That little truck didn't struggle one bit pulling me out!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #45
digitaLbraVo is on a distinguished road
digitaLbraVo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I'm not too worried about his driving ability, but would hate to get embarrassed by him it his truck would outdo mine. I don't think that would happen but just wanted others opinions about the two trucks head to head. Hell, I haven't wheeled a truck in over 20 years. And I know 1st gens are very light and smaller making them more capable, just not sure how the 2nd gens compare? I doubt anything will ever come of this since we're not that close. I just get tired of some of his comments on FB. If he ever says anything directly to me I may just have to challenge him though.

I always liked him and thought he was the most decent of their kids. That is until he got this truck. Now he seems to have a big head. Hell, for some of his FB comments, if I was his father I would have to snatch his keys from him. He's talked about how fun it is to piss cars off and such, and he's only had his license for about a month. And as far as I know his parents don't say anything to him.
What is this "show him up" you keep talking about??

Trucks "outdoing" each other? Last I checked if you put someone with only one arm and no experience in a truck with $100,000 worth of suspension they still only have 1 arm and no experience.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #46
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistory View Post
If you're trying to outdo a 16 year old kid with a mouth, you've already lost. Who cares?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I would be the adult that you are and not give two shits about what a 16 year old says or acts. If that doesn't work, move to an area where no one else gives a crap either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Just say " oh yeah , cool " sit back and watch him be young . Win win .
I agree with these people. Let it be. He's 16 and just a kid. You're an adult. You should be shrugging off what he says. He obviously looks up to you and just wants you to compliment his truck. Say "yea you've got a nice truck" and offer to take him wheeling sometime. Then teach him how to wheel properly and learn the limitations of his truck rather than getting purposely getting him stuck.

Being an adult means knowing when to not feel threatened by a kid in a big truck. So be an adult and tell him his truck looks nice ask him questions about it.