Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Wildomar OHV area(CA)

Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Truck Driver
Navelfunk is on a distinguished road
Navelfunk's Tacoma Gallery
Wildomar OHV area(CA)

So, anyone go out there? How hardcore is it, and how far can my 2WD baby taco make it without having to get out of the truck to dig it out? Thanks, and any pics would be sweet, too.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
There's really not much to Wildomar.
There are some rocks, but nothing I'd call challenging.
You can certainly put put around the place in your 2WD but be cognizant of where you are as there are spots you can get twisted up and stuck.
It's mostly hard pack so don't worry too much about digging yourself out of sand.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Truck Driver
Thank you, sir. That's kind of what I thought, but I just don't want the maiden dirt voyage to be a tragic one, you know. Because I'm certainly NOT going to be crawling over any rock formations. I love my truck, but I'm not that faithful...
Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Truck Driver
I've seen conflicting pictures of the "not hardcore" trails... Broken, stuck, bent, and flipped over 4x4 Jeeps & Hummers. No Toyotas, though. I think I'll drive to it and look at with my bicycle first.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Place is pretty mild except for that one huge Fking hill, shouldnt be a problem unless the rain really wrecked it with ruts or somethin, I havent been there in a while because I though it was boring and small for my rig.

I say air down to 14psi and go for it! It isnt that difficult for the most part, just can be tight in some spots so you may get some Kentucky pinstriping, lol.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Place is pretty mild except for that one huge Fking hill, shouldnt be a problem unless the rain really wrecked it with ruts or somethin, I havent been there in a while because I though it was boring and small for my rig.

I say air down to 14psi and go for it! It isnt that difficult for the most part, just can be tight in some spots so you may get some Kentucky pinstriping, lol.

I've never been able to find the bottom of that hill, only the top.
I don't want to go down that thing, I'd much rather go up.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
Truck Driver
Hey guys, do I need any special passes, permits, or stickers to drive in around Widomar? Thanks!