LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #201
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
I'll put something together tonight. It won't be as nice as some of the maps as I don't have google earth and my laptop is too damn old to run that program.

edit: just saw there's a web based version. I'll get one together. Might be a day or two though.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #202
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hahaha...which Ben were you talking to?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #203

well...this is the best I can do for now...here's the alpine loop just using regular google maps. The gap in the trail is a trail that isn't on google maps. It's called corkscrew gulch and can be found on traildamage.com

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...92246,0.153637
Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #204
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Too many Bens!!!

I vote that we refer to Idaho Ben as Ben#2 ...he's a big #2 anyways so it will be easy to remember...
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #205

Old 02-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #206
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I'm going to remember that. I will seek revenge on the trial. You've been warned.

trial? who's trial?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #207
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
I'll put something together tonight. It won't be as nice as some of the maps as I don't have google earth and my laptop is too damn old to run that program.

edit: just saw there's a web based version. I'll get one together. Might be a day or two though.
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
like a forest service map with the trail mapped out?... nope.

just what you see there. ill pull up trail numbers later, i have a huge test here this evening im studying for. BTW if we take that side route (yelloy) i mapped out, it will take us up to 10500 feet! highest point of the first leg i beilieve
Not you tard haha sorry. You already gave me your map.

But yes. 10,000+ feet for all the trails

Quote:
well...this is the best I can do for now...here's the alpine loop just using regular google maps. The gap in the trail is a trail that isn't on google maps. It's called corkscrew gulch and can be found on traildamage.com

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...92246,0.153637
Perfect. That's all I wanted. Just couldn't figure out how they all tied together nice haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Too many Bens!!!

I vote that we refer to Idaho Ben as Ben#2 ...he's a big #2 anyways so it will be easy to remember...
Well we have batman Ben..

So I say Ben from Id is now..hmmmm.

We could do 1st Ben and 2nd Ben as they have 1st gen and 2nd gen trucks
Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #208

There's also several mining ghost towns along that route. Those are always fun to get out and explore.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #210

Animas Forks is a popular camp spot. Right by the river, too.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #212
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
We also have two Jons, you know... We got Tacoma Jon and 4Runner Jon. :P

Or Taco Jon since he drives a Tacoma.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #213
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Animas Forks is a popular camp spot. Right by the river, too.
How far into the trails is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Camping by a river is always

Is there any fishing at these lakes you will be visiting?
Yep, well in WY. fishing at all of them. There will be rangers though that will check permits so if your out of state make sure you have all the right stuff.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #214

I'm pretty sure you can fish at any of the lakes up there.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
How far into the trails is it?

Not very. That mapped route typically starts in Lake City, CO (far right side) and goes counter clockwise. About halfway across the map where it takes a sharp turn to go south, that's Animas Forks. There's also another cool mine (heard of but I haven't visited) called Treasure Mountain mine and it's also in that area.

If you wanted to camp there, I would start in Ouray rather than Lake City and go counter clockwise from there. That would also seperate the easier part of the loop from the harder part of the loop. You would do Mineral Creek, Engineer Pass, and Cinnamon Pass in one day, then do Corkscrew Gulch, Black Bear Pass, and Imogene Pass the next. That way, if you've got a stock rig, they could wheel day 1 and ride along on day 2 if they didn't want to drive Black Bear Pass.

Edit: I also just realized that Ouray would be a much easier (faster) starting point for you guys coming from the north to get to.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #216
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Not very. That mapped route typically starts in Lake City, CO (far right side) and goes counter clockwise. About halfway across the map where it takes a sharp turn to go south, that's Animas Forks. There's also another cool mine (heard of but I haven't visited) called Treasure Mountain mine and it's also in that area.

If you wanted to camp there, I would start in Ouray rather than Lake City and go counter clockwise from there. That would also seperate the easier part of the loop from the harder part of the loop. You would do Mineral Creek, Engineer Pass, and Cinnamon Pass in one day, then do Corkscrew Gulch, Black Bear Pass, and Imogene Pass the next. That way, if you've got a stock rig, they could wheel day 1 and ride along on day 2 if they didn't want to drive Black Bear Pass.

Edit: I also just realized that Ouray would be a much easier (faster) starting point for you guys coming from the north to get to.

Very nice. Sounds like starting in Ouray is the way to go.

Wouldn't going counter clock wise tho from there mean you would do Imogene and Blackbeard first??
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #217
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Why I think if you can only make one part, lander would be the most fun for you.
Honestly, it will all probably come down to who is going on what leg an what leg has the most people, because that's what these trips are all about, wheeling abd bsing with everyone
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #218

Quote:
Very nice. Sounds like starting in Ouray is the way to go.

Wouldn't going counter clock wise tho from there mean you would do Imogene and Blackbeard first??
I use a digital watch dammit! I meant clockwise...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #220
ttora4runner is on a distinguished road
ttora4runner's Tacoma Gallery
You can also check out traildamage.com and alot of th trails around Ouray are on there.

Here is some more fuel for your fire for Ouray, this was the trip I took (2) years aog: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ore-you-go-mad