Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #2621
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Ya..but do you have a fridge? All the recover gear and tools you'd ever need? And storage for enough stuff to live for over a week?? there's no way I'd want to haul out all the gear I pack every night outside to get potentially rained on or snowed on just to sleep..

Why I like the truck bed better too. Easy to get to stuff. You've only got 3 points of access..

Why if I ever get a 4runner...gonna be a 1st gen loovve those!!

Ether way. I still like 4 runners. Don't think I'm bashing to hard
isnt all your gear... in the bed of the truck?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #2622
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya..but do you have a fridge? All the recover gear and tools you'd ever need? And storage for enough stuff to live for over a week?? there's no way I'd want to haul out all the gear I pack every night outside to get potentially rained on or snowed on just to sleep..

Why I like the truck bed better too. Easy to get to stuff. You've only got 3 points of access..

Why if I ever get a 4runner...gonna be a 1st gen loovve those!!

Ether way. I still like 4 runners. Don't think I'm bashing to hard I love the custom drawer systems people do in 4runners and LCs
If I got a fridge, there is ways to put it in with the sleeping platform. and storage? Sure, as long as I'm single, I can fill up one side with gear. I do have quite a bit of storage in the nooks and crannies, like behind the seats and under the platform. I love my rig. and 3 points of access is enough for me. It's a hard shell, and pretty neat.

Tools and stuff doesn't take much space, I pack light. Wouldn't be hard to fit a week's worth of stuff and such. I haven't done drawers to my set up yet, just some plastic bins, right now. Need to go through and organize all that before my five day trip with you guys. Gonna need a cooler, and that's the biggest space taker. I will have my chainsaw too.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #2624
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
isnt all your gear... in the bed of the truck?
Still covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjon View Post
If I got a fridge, there is ways to put it in with the sleeping platform. and storage? Sure, as long as I'm single, I can fill up one side with gear. I do have quite a bit of storage in the nooks and crannies, like behind the seats and under the platform. I love my rig. and 3 points of access is enough for me. It's a hard shell, and pretty neat.

Tools and stuff doesn't take much space, I pack light. Wouldn't be hard to fit a week's worth of stuff and such. I haven't done drawers to my set up yet, just some plastic bins, right now. Need to go through and organize all that before my five day trip with you guys. Gonna need a cooler, and that's the biggest space taker. I will have my chainsaw too.
Tools..take up space haha and spare parts..I guess with every level of hardness the more shit you need stupid haha

And single?? Haha come on...like that's gonna last forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
This is pure sex. I really like whats been done to this rig.

Well done rig for sure!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #2625
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
garage fab rack! since we are all flashing our racks.

now thats a cool idea! i want to see more pics of that
The rack looks awesome Mark.

Quote:
nice sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
I no has bed rack I wanted to have my HC rear bumper done in time for this, but it ain't happening. Haven't even started cutting material yet. I will be happy when I get my winch mount built and the wiring done.
Ever since summer started, I just wanna wheel or hike or whatever, don't want to work on the truck, I wanna use it!
I do as much of my modding as possible during the winter. The summer is for playing.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #2626
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The rack looks awesome Mark.

I do as much of my modding as possible during the winter. The summer is for playing.
thats a good idea! i do as much of my modding when i have moneyz lol
Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #2628
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just mod all the time.. till I'm broke...and then I still mod.. can't....stop...mods...

Wait a second...

Mark..where is the tire mount??
Wasn't it right on top there next to the bins? I didn't see studs to mount on but probably just strapping it down.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #2630
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
garage fab rack! since we are all flashing our racks.

That is a sweet rack though mark! I like the multi level trying to keep heavy shit as far down as possible.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #2631
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keeps out tents safe and lower then your roof rack would ever although some of these guys are going talllllll haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
That is a sweet rack though mark! I like the multi level trying to keep heavy shit as far down as possible.
whaaa! you mean NOT like this V

Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #2633
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha yes like that!

You and Jason have your tents waaaaayyyy up there haha

Is your wife gonna come Joey??
haha i'm working on it! bed rack 1.0 was a little....... over ambitious. 2.0 will get a redesign. biggest obstacle is the spare tire and where to put it so i can still put the dirt bike in the bed and not completely remove the rack and tire. though, i may be trying to make everything work together when it is clearly just going to shit on my dreams.

unless Travis is an ordained minister and married me to a russian hooker...... i haz no wife.

the girlfriend however cannot come because she can't get the time off work.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #2637
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh girlfriend haha my bad

And yea..spare tire is always the problem. Swing out wont solve it either with the dirt bike..not sure how you can make that work at all really with your tiny bed..
oh well, i have a few ideas. i've got enough steel left over to throw together a lower bed rack before this shindig gets underway if i want to.

all of these ideas include a trailer though...... bummer. i guess i'm going to be forced to build a trailer
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #2638
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I know my bed rack is high, and I'm not happy with it. But...that's the way it had to be in order to fit it over the softopper. It's going to get redesigned when I get back from this trip, or I'll just have another one custom built.

I'm still debating if I'm going to use that bed rack & softopper combo for this trip, or if I'm going to be using my Box Rocket bedrack. Decisions....decisions
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #2639
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is pure sex. I really like whats been done to this rig.

I know the dude - he's the one who just sold it to buy an LC... MapleMoose knows him too - mentioned him a while back. He does the retrofits himself, on the headlights - has a business.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #2640
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Yes I know my bed rack is high, and I'm not happy with it. But...that's the way it had to be in order to fit it over the softopper. It's going to get redesigned when I get back from this trip, or I'll just have another one custom built.

I'm still debating if I'm going to use that bed rack & softopper combo for this trip, or if I'm going to be using my Box Rocket bedrack. Decisions....decisions
If you were thinking of having the soft topper to keep things dry you don't have to worry. We typically don't see much rain in July and August. And you're really not gaining any security by keeping your things under the canvas. Plus think of how much your gas mileage is going to suck with that RTT above the cab. And how has that affected your center of gravity?

Products Discussed in this Thread