Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #3601
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Just eat the tip of a match
heard about it, but i'm not very convinced.

i'm thinking more along the lines of the "canned beans diet" method
Old 07-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #3602
Tin Ninja
ZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: zane
ZKuhl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
nice man. someone is already taking a nap in it i see

went for a couple day camping/fishing trip to Walden and realized how much i should invest in better mosquito-proof-ish clothing
thats my test dummy
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #3603
Tin Ninja
ZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: zane
ZKuhl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
very cool. I'll be curious to see how those compare to the CVTs.

They look identical from here. The joke goes they are all made in the same factory in xuan giang province.
from what ive researched same thing different name and ladder same material and features
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #3604
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very interested to see if they are truly worth the money.
They are. You will want one when you see them.

Quote:
nice man. someone is already taking a nap in it i see

went for a couple day camping/fishing trip to Walden and realized how much i should invest in better mosquito-proof-ish clothing
Yea hear they are bad this year..

Quote:
Just eat the tip of a match
Wut??

Quote:

They look identical from here. The joke goes they are all made in the same factory in xuan giang province.
Just material thickness differences far as I know.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #3605
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very interested to see if they are truly worth the money.
they are
Quote:

i dont think thats a joke at all. i think it is the truth.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #3606
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
After looking around, all I can find being a difference between tent makers is how heavy the material is. And its a rather small difference (260 vs 280). I would almost doubt I could tell the difference, but until I see them in person you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Just material thickness differences far as I know.
had the chance to check out the howling moon RTT's the sierra expedition guys had in moab

the material is much heavier (more like canvas) and the zippers are heavier too (wouldn't necessarily say better... just heavier)
Old 07-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #3607
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
had the chance to check out the howling moon RTT's the sierra expedition guys had in moab

the material is much heavier (more like canvas) and the zippers are heavier too (wouldn't necessarily say better... just heavier)
zippers are important. I kinda worry about that, not that mine has given me reason for concern. Only that zippers are usually what give up first.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #3609
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
zippers are important. I kinda worry about that, not that mine has given me reason for concern. Only that zippers are usually what give up first.
i agree zippers always go first. the CVT zippers are smaller with more teeth whereas the Howling Moon zippers are slightly larger with less teeth

in my book it's kind of a toss up really. i doubt i'll have any issues with the zippers for a long time so i'm not too worried
Old 07-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #3611
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i agree zippers always go first. the CVT zippers are smaller with more teeth whereas the Howling Moon zippers are slightly larger with less teeth

in my book it's kind of a toss up really. i doubt i'll have any issues with the zippers for a long time so i'm not too worried
I'd rather have ours then bigger ones. They actually tend to break easy.

Long as your nice to them. I expect a long time out of them.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #3612
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd rather have ours then bigger ones. They actually tend to break easy.

Long as your nice to them. I expect a long time out of them.
i'm pretty hard on everything they are holding up just fine. this trip will put the tent through the paces

plus put me pretty close to my goal of at least 30 nights in the tent this summer
Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #3616
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice! Haha I don't think I've even been 30 nights in two summers ...maybe tho..
you have been away from your truck though.

when i bought the tent i pretty much decided 30 sounded like a nice round number and i was determined to get some good use out of it.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #3618
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
oh. duh. morrison
Come to Moab with me
Old 07-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #3620
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
That's what I thought he was talking about at first. Why I wasn't sure.
I got excited too

Products Discussed in this Thread