LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #41
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Been waiting on this announcement to drop ever since i missed the trip last year. Monte, I should be able to make one or more of these legs. I didn't know that the tight part on the Christina trail was right at the end. I can just stop there and hike the last bit. Are you camping up at Christina?
No, we will arrive in Lander, then go up to the Christina trail head, drive Christina lake, then camp at the trail head. The trail head is huge with lots of room plus the surronding area has lots of places too.

This is the trial head.

You will be able to leave your rig at the river or close to it and ride shotgun with someone. No need to walk! haha

we actually passed a jeep before crossing the river that was parked...or broke..not sure haha

Ill add you to the lurk list Travis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
But, what about when you're all not there? haha I've been researching. I think it will be my next non-truck purchase. Just have no idea what to get . . . This if for another thread though ha

Wooooo WYOMING! and stuff.

Yay cameras!

Im getting a Canon 60D here soon i can't wait!!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #42
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
You bastard. You know how to get me . . . All I need is pictures of beautiful WY and I'm ditching work to be there in a heartbeat haha (checks savings account, begins saving . . .)
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #43
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
haha monte you are really getting some interest here. Better turn out than last years lander meet I hope lol!
I hope that nothing gets in the way of me coming. Last year it was my stock-ness that kept me home, but this year that won't be an issue. But there were lots of interested people, but only 45acp made it. Looks like even more people following already this time. 3 spots for people to hop in/out is brilliant though.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #45
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
You bastard. You know how to get me . . . All I need is pictures of beautiful WY and I'm ditching work to be there in a heartbeat haha (checks savings account, begins saving . . .)

COME TO DE COWBOY STATE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
I hope that nothing gets in the way of me coming. Last year it was my stock-ness that kept me home, but this year that won't be an issue. But there were lots of interested people, but only 45acp made it. Looks like even more people following already this time. 3 spots for people to hop in/out is brilliant though.

yes im actually glad you didn't come last year..woulda gone badly

Now it'll be fun!

And yea, im hoping this time some people can make parts of it at least..
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #47
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Lurking....
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #49
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I guess I better start allotting funds for this
Old 02-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #52
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #53
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Ooookay..gear list started..

whew..quite the thread started today..

alright..im gonna sit and wait and plan

Is it summer yet???

Thanks for taking the time to read everything..i know its a lot of stuff! and some of it is just me rambling haha
WOW... cool thread! You shoulda told me about this!

You've seen my rig, how would you feel about mine taking on Leg 1 of the trip?

Worst case, I'll come by and either ride or take my dirtbike up... Not sure about my nerves of steel though...

I'll be too busy and my rig probably can't handle most of Legs 2 & 3... Plus, I'm not sure I can go that far right now, seeing as I want to try to do some other smaller trips to Glacier NP and Yellowstone and whatnot (for photography).

Oh, and if I come, count on some photos! That's what I do best! :P
Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #54
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjon View Post
WOW... cool thread! You shoulda told me about this!

You've seen my rig, how would you feel about mine taking on Leg 1 of the trip?

Worst case, I'll come by and either ride or take my dirtbike up... Not sure about my nerves of steel though...

I'll be too busy and my rig probably can't handle most of Legs 2 & 3... Plus, I'm not sure I can go that far right now, seeing as I want to try to do some other smaller trips to Glacier NP and Yellowstone and whatnot (for photography).

Oh, and if I come, count on some photos! That's what I do best! :P

yea man, well im sure ill invite you on some of my smaller local trips.

But Yes, your rig not ready for part 2 or 3

i think you could do 1 though if your up for the challenge of driving up the switch backs..
Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #55
Benjamin Newman

P.p.s. put me as a lurker for all three legs. I have always wanted to wheel more in wy
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #56
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
I am pretty sure anyone could do 1. I feel bad for the big double cabs that will have to try and make those tight turns though. When I went up a completely stock jeep was doing it and didnt seem to have to much trouble not sure if he made it all the way to the top though. There a few places he may have rubbed something twards the top.
Agreed. I think any stock rig can do Morrison. Just gonna take the balls to do it.

Goose lake..im not totally sure on, but i plan on running it before hand to know for sure.

Double cab long beds are gonna have issues i think on the corners for sure. They should have sliders and bumpers if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
P.p.s. put me as a lurker for all three legs. I have always wanted to wheel more in wy
Ooooo nice!! alright then
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #57
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Think I would need sliders for Leg 1?

Man... gonna be tough to decide if I should take my rig up... I really love my rig lol.

Definitely put me down as a lurker on L1 - I'll probably decide for sure later - closer to summertime...
Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #58
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Let me know when you plan on running goose lake I will most likely be able to make it. I dont do much of anything on weekends.
Heck ya man! lets do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjon View Post
Think I would need sliders for Leg 1?

Man... gonna be tough to decide if I should take my rig up... I really love my rig lol.

Definitely put me down as a lurker on L1 - I'll probably decide for sure later - closer to summertime...
Nah, i doubt you need sliders for that.

and i feel you man ill put you as a lurker. you can always go up the canyon yourself and hike it. What i did last august to get a better feel for it.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #60
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Nice thread Monte. Sounds like a good plan overall. I do think adding kokopeli on to the end would be fun but I think I will be out of time by then. Maybe we can do the Dolores Triangle, Hole in the Rock and White Rim in 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
ha! much better!..had like 4 maybes..and then..Jon and i showed up lol

Im hoping a lot can come this time!..well..at least more then 2!
I can pretty much guarantee there there will be more that 2 rigs at Lander this time.