Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #61
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Goddammit wanna do this so bad! Just a few more major mods and a nice wad of cash and maybe i can go to one of these things some day.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #62
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Sub'd
ahhh another WA guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Nice thread Monte. Sounds like a good plan overall. I do think adding kokopeli on to the end would be fun but I think I will be out of time by then. Maybe we can do the Dolores Triangle, Hole in the Rock and White Rim in 2014.

I can pretty much guarantee there there will be more that 2 rigs at Lander this time.
Thanks Mike!

Hope it thorough enough for ya

And Dolores..Hole in the rock and white rim for 2014..DEAL!!! I would love adding it to the end..but if you can't do it i don't want to do it alone really..might still but i might be out of time by then as well.

Yes, as of now, if jon is able to get work off, there will be 4..i think..
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #64
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Nah, i doubt you need sliders for that.

and i feel you man ill put you as a lurker. you can always go up the canyon yourself and hike it. What i did last august to get a better feel for it.
Ideally, i'd like to have sliders installed by mid-summer, but we'll see

Thanks for the understanding, I might just have to do that!

Cool thing is that we have lots of time to plan and such... Gonna be an awesome meet if we can make it happen!

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #65
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjon View Post
Ideally, i'd like to have sliders installed by mid-summer, but we'll see

Thanks for the understanding, I might just have to do that! I know a guy who rides it every year on his dirtbike, so I might go with him first...If he'll take me :P

Cool thing is that we have lots of time to plan and such... Gonna be an awesome meet if we can make it happen!

Thanks!
Yes sir just under 6 months haha plenty if time to go look at it yourself. Run itin your dirt bike too
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #66
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Sell everything you own!

Jon did haha
Maybe if i didnt live in such a dry spot for wheeling, but selling my other toys wouldnt be practical to finance an annual trip. Hopefully wont be stuck in the dakotas forever though!

Main things i need are sliders, a front suspension ugrade, and a rim to mount my fullsize spare. Then i should be in pretty good shape for wheeling (that is, other than straight up mudding and snow bashing, since thats all i can do around here.)
Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #67
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Maybe if i didnt live in such a dry spot for wheeling, but selling my other toys wouldnt be practical to finance an annual trip. Hopefully wont be stuck in the dakotas forever though!

Main things i need are sliders, a front suspension ugrade, and a rim to mount my fullsize spare. Then i should be in pretty good shape for wheeling (that is, other than straight up mudding and snow bashing, since thats all i can do around here.)
All in good time
Old 02-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #68
Dirty mall crawler

Fo sho, for now ill just have to settle with it being a mall crawler.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #73
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Like the whole trip? Which trail is the most technical. Lander? Me likey a chAllenge
Well..actually I think the black ear pass will be..but idk.

None are gonna be SUPER technical like Moab. Lander is rough though. Shoshone is just tiring almost because you never stop picking a good line on the backside of Shoshone. It's just constantly looking for the best line and is rough as shit.

But Morrison will be a big pucker one.

Honestly I think you'd enjoy any of it haha. But lander would probably be your favorite if I had to pick. But Morrison and goose will be awesome.

It'll be different from most wheeling you do I think anyways. It's never like one big obstinate..but it just goes from bad to worse and long stretches of it haha
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #74
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Dam Shoshone looks like my kind of shit. Lander looks cool but it would get really old and rough as shit in a more annoying way that lander. I have no problem always lookin for the best line, but just constantly rolling over huge boulders seems annoying and hard on the suspension Lol. So many hard choices. Must play te balancing act with this if me and Aleks want to go to Moab.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #75
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Dam Shoshone looks like my kind of shit. Lander looks cool but it would get really old and rough as shit and hard on the suspension Lol. So many hard choices. Must play te balancing act with this if me and Aleks want to go to Moab.
It won't get that old for two trails sheesh..besides..you gotta use the suspension for something

Whatever you do..you better make it on part of it! I'm pretty sure there is no way I can do Moab and this trip.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #77
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Blegh I know I gotta lol. I just don't know if I want/can do leg 1 and 2 guess I really gotta look at how far the total distance is and what it'll cost and how long ill be gone
Yea would be great to have you.

And looks like a 10 hour drive to Cody that would be the first leg.

Then lander is also 10 hours haha

So about the same

Products Discussed in this Thread