Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #81
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, hopefully ill beable to make the CO leg but ive always wanted to get some wheeling done up in Wyo!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #82
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Interested. When do you think this meet will take place, rough estimate....
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #83
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as coming to L1 for sure at this point. I'll come if I don't have other conflicts that arise or whatever...

Now here's the deal - I'm thinking I'll drop my truck at the top, like MTgirl, because I'd like to keep my truck for a long time, and if I even attempt Morrison, I'd like to see some other guys do it first... So I figure I'll pass at this point and ride up and help spot for you guys... and of course, take lots of pictures

Blackdawg: how would we drop our trucks at the top? By top, you mean right after the switchbacks end? I've heard there are two sets of switchbacks, the first is much harder and more dangerous than the second...I'm guessing we drive up the trail from the other end to the end of the switchbacks and leave our trucks there?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #84
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjon View Post
Put me down as coming to L1 for sure at this point. I'll come if I don't have other conflicts that arise or whatever...

Now here's the deal - I'm thinking I'll drop my truck at the top, like MTgirl, because I'd like to keep my truck for a long time, and if I even attempt Morrison, I'd like to see some other guys do it first... So I figure I'll pass at this point and ride up and help spot for you guys... and of course, take lots of pictures

Blackdawg: how would we drop our trucks at the top? By top, you mean right after the switchbacks end? I've heard there are two sets of switchbacks, the first is much harder and more dangerous than the second...I'm guessing we drive up the trail from the other end to the end of the switchbacks and leave our trucks there?
Lame. go big or go home!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #85
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Lame. go big or go home!
I don't care, I love my truck more than peer pressure.

Careful though, your truck might not end up in any good pictures... hahaha

My offroad photolog: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...-photolog.html
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Farmer Jon, isn't your rig an automatic?
yup, it is. why?

I know that autos are easier than manuals for wheeling, if that's what you're referring to...

Quote:
K im sorry. I wants good pictures
haha, no worries, I know you were giving me a hard time.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #88

Quote:
I'm saying you shouldn't be too worried about the switchbacks then my clutch is gonna be hot by the top I imagine. I understand your wanting to keep the truck mint. I was in that position once.
I know a guy who's ridden that trail on a dirtbike and he thinks it's pretty dangerous - so I figure I'll catch another trip if I see that it's not too bad with the Tacomas...

Thanks for the understanding! I feel like I have too much in my rig at this point.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #89
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yup, it is. why?

I know that autos are easier than manuals for wheeling, if that's what you're referring to...

haha, no worries, I know you were giving me a hard time.
I know
Quote:
I'm saying you shouldn't be too worried about the switchbacks then my clutch is gonna be hot by the top I imagine. I understand your wanting to keep the truck mint. I was in that position once.
x2. autos make it so much nicer. Im sure it would be nice slow, safe going.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #90
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
subbed, hopefully ill beable to make the CO leg but ive always wanted to get some wheeling done up in Wyo!
Nice!! Ill put you as tenative in the 3rd leg for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyotaco06 View Post
Interested. When do you think this meet will take place, rough estimate....

looking at anywhere between the 5th-15th for the starting date. I have a feeling it'll be closer to the 5th-8th as the first day of the trip to start Morrison. So plan to be able to get there early as we will want to start the trail by 8-9 i think.

Quote:

Will do!

By the top i mean at the very end of the trail where the trail comes out onto the Highway i think. Lisa is coming down from MT and will most likely snag a ride from someone down the hill that is coming from MT or ID or WA or where ever up that way ha.

If thats what you want to do we will get something figured out for you.

Quote:
Was? still are pretty much haha

Quote:
I know a guy who's ridden that trail on a dirtbike and he thinks it's pretty dangerous - so I figure I'll catch another trip if I see that it's not too bad with the Tacomas...

Thanks for the understanding! I feel like I have too much in my rig at this point.

yea man do whatever your comfortable with. It'll be sketchy but fun. Im sure you'll love running around just taking pics and video any ways! haha
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #91
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
This thread exploded! haha
Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Dude..i know! haha

first day and 5 pages

only 6 months to go! haha

at least ill have more people out here this year!
Ha it'll get to Moab threa size by then if we bs enough.

8th and 9th of July or August?
Quote:
i have only ever sidelined my truck ONCE. and that was because after a week of wheeling, i wanted to make sure i could get home the 1000+ miles it took
Still care about keeping it mint too much
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Will do!

By the top i mean at the very end of the trail where the trail comes out onto the Highway i think. Lisa is coming down from MT and will most likely snag a ride from someone down the hill that is coming from MT or ID or WA or where ever up that way ha.

If thats what you want to do we will get something figured out for you.
What I might do is drive in from that side and meet you guys at the top of the switchbacks - like park at the top and hike down or something like that - or perhaps meet you guys there. It would also be a lot of fun to ride/spot you guys up as well, so I'm not sure which way I'll go yet. I have touched base with MTgirl, so we'll see...
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #96
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery

Just a word of warning to everyone: BRING BUG SPRAY! In my experience the mosquitoes in the area around Morrison are horrible! I was camping up there last summer and I wasn't out of my truck for more than 30 seconds when I had about a hundred of them swarming me....and it didn't stop the whole trip!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post

Just a word of warning to everyone: BRING BUG SPRAY! In my experience the mosquitoes in the area around Morrison are horrible! I was camping up there last summer and I wasn't out of my truck for more than 30 seconds when I had about a hundred of them swarming me....and it didn't stop the whole trip!
add that to the MUST HAVE gear list, Blackdawg! I had forgotten about that, since it is winter and I've been enjoying some bug free weather
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #98
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Hey! I forgot I had this on my work computer.... I had traced out the Morrison trip on Google Earth a while back. If you have GE on your computer you should be able to open the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: kmz morrison.kmz (4.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #99
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha it'll get to Moab threa size by then if we bs enough.

8th and 9th of July or August?

Still care about keeping it mint too much
In August. It'll be way to snowy still in July.

Quote:
What I might do is drive in from that side and meet you guys at the top of the switchbacks - like park at the top and hike down or something like that - or perhaps meet you guys there. It would also be a lot of fun to ride/spot you guys up as well, so I'm not sure which way I'll go yet. I have touched base with MTgirl, so we'll see...
Yea that could work too..

Quote:

Bug spray..yes haha

Though it wasn't too bad when i went there but might was well

Quote:
add that to the MUST HAVE gear list, Blackdawg! I had forgotten about that, since it is winter and I've been enjoying some bug free weather
Yea its usually either flies or the mosquitoes..

Quote:
Hey! I forgot I had this on my work computer.... I had traced out the Morrison trip on Google Earth a while back. If you have GE on your computer you should be able to open the attachment.
I don't
Old 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #100

Google map screenshot of the Morrison Trail

Traced out by MTGirl - I opened and took a screenshot and added some data as well as changed the line color to make it easier to see. The big arrow corresponds with where we're at on the elevation profile.

See the elevation profile for stats... Trail is 22.4 miles long...

Products Discussed in this Thread