Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #981
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Yeah! You going to show my wife and I around haha. All we saw last time was a lone bull elk and a lot of bison. Too bad the timing will be off. If I can make the Wyoming trip, we will be hitting up yellowstone while you are working on your first leg of that trip most likely.

wait..so...your coming to Yellowstone..then meeting us in Lander??...or are you gonna do Morrison?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #982
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
wait..so...your coming to Yellowstone..then meeting us in Lander??...or are you gonna do Morrison?
I plan on doing Leg 1 and 2 (Yellowstone on the way to leg 1). But leg 1 starts on Monday and Lisa's leg starts the friday before right?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #984
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjon View Post
Hey, I simply think it is overrated when all the tourists are there! That's a fair point, I think you have to agree on that at some point, you mentioned that you avoid it in July!

I like Yellowstone, just not with all da people! And I wanna see the moose! Maybe we should meetup in Yellowstone? haha

I get free admission to ALL of the federal lands... cuz I'm deaf. That means YELL, USFS, everything!
Crowded, yes. Overrated, no. YELLOWSTONE IS AWESOME! I never tire of the place.

Quote:
Yeah! You going to show my wife and I around haha. All we saw last time was a lone bull elk and a lot of bison. Too bad the timing will be off. If I can make the Wyoming trip, we will be hitting up yellowstone while you are working on your first leg of that trip most likely.
Gladly! I've joked that I need to quit my job and outfit my truck like this for carting tourists around in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Oh..yes Lisa i believe is starting hers on Saturday or the Friday..I can't remember..i need to get the details though for the OP..

Cue Lisa...
I've explained it before...don't you listen? Don't you read EVERY post in your threads?

I'll put together a final rundown later tonight
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #986
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go Monte, for the OP:

For the EASY, WIMPY, super scenic and camera friendly route with me this is the plan.
Saturday (August 3rd?), meet up in Red Lodge, MT sometime (noon-ish?). Head out from there to explore some of the area at the north end of the Beartooth Highway. Camp out along one of those side roads Saturday night.
Sunday, get up and head over the BTH, with plenty of camera stops along the way. Start on the north end of the Morrison and camp out along the trail Sunday night.
Monday, wait at the top of the switchbacks for Monte's group (you guys had better not sleep in!) and backtrack through the Morrison together...yada, yada, blah, blah...
Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #987
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post

For the EASY, WIMPY, super scenic and camera friendly route with me this is the plan.
Saturday (August 3rd?), meet up in Red Lodge, MT sometime (noon-ish?). Head out from there to explore some of the area at the north end of the Beartooth Highway. Camp out along one of those side roads Saturday night.
Sunday, get up and head over the BTH, with plenty of camera stops along the way. Start on the north end of the Morrison and camp out along the trail Sunday night.
Monday, wait at the top of the switchbacks for Monte's group (you guys had better not sleep in!) and backtrack through the Morrison together...yada, yada, blah, blah...
HEY! YOU take that back.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #988
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HEY! YOU take that back.
Hey, this is the route I chose so I'm calling myself a wimp too. Not just you
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #989
Mookee is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
Mookee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on the fence! Moving to Helena next week... need to get some more gear and lock down my schedule. Could be game for any of the legs, as I might be moving to Denver before the summer is over. I'll let you guys know as the date (rapidly) approaches!

Thanks for setting this up, sounds like a really great time!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #990
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookee View Post
I'm on the fence! Moving to Helena next week... need to get some more gear and lock down my schedule. Could be game for any of the legs, as I might be moving to Denver before the summer is over. I'll let you guys know as the date (rapidly) approaches!

Thanks for setting this up, sounds like a really great time!
We have a few mt meets every summer too maybe you can make it to one of those - check in to the montana taco thread while you're at it
Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #991
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We have a few mt meets every summer too maybe you can make it to one of those - check in to the montana taco thread while you're at it
Link? Last time I checked the MT meets thread, it was long dead?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #992
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Link? Last time I checked the MT meets thread, it was long dead?
Yeah, we're not quite as talkative as some people

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...tana-taco.html

And I usually do start a thread for the summer meets...I should do that soon...
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #993
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
your post count says otherwise
well, besides me the MT group isn't talkative
Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #994
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
your in there talking to yourself mostly?
sometimes
Old 04-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #995
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for planning that out for me.Mark! At this rate I wont have to plan much! haha we could convoy back.too. I'm hoping to hit up yellowstone for a day or two or three prior to the meet so we can't convoy down.
haha no problem man! I gotta know for sure dates. Glad I can do all the work for you

and i is sad we cant convoy there. its gonna be a sad drive. I wouldnt say yellow stone is overrated....its a pretty awesome place! we spent a week there and didnt see everything.

and monte...you didnt respond to mah post on the dates
Old 04-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #996
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Cool thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
haha no problem man! I gotta know for sure dates. Glad I can do all the work for you

and i is sad we cant convoy there. its gonna be a sad drive. I wouldnt say yellow stone is overrated....its a pretty awesome place! we spent a week there and didnt see everything.

and monte...you didnt respond to mah post on the dates

what about the dates??..

Products Discussed in this Thread