Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #1001
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
I thought we were starting August 12th. I'll be on the slope on the 5th.
so he checked with everyone but you?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
What??
^^dat

are the dates set in stone or not?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #1002
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
youll be off in time for pick up.
Shouldn't that be a pink river and not blue?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #1004

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I hope we don't NEED the FRV either!

Not sure if you want to add a list to the OP for extra gear we can share but now that I have my RTT I could loan out my Kelty tent if anyone needs it (for the 1st leg only) and I'll probably have my little BBQ to share as well.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #1005
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I hope we don't NEED the FRV either!

Not sure if you want to add a list to the OP for extra gear we can share but now that I have my RTT I could loan out my Kelty tent if anyone needs it (for the 1st leg only) and I'll probably have my little BBQ to share as well.
Yea me either haha

and cool. No one that is coming seems to be in need of anything..

but ill be sure to tell them if i get asked. Ill have my grill/stove too. Think mine is just like yours..but red

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
how should i know, it was all steam IIRC. this was showing that he actually went off road

Hey..i did the evening run thing!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #1008
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hey..i did the evening run thing!

So I am going to try to make the first leg
Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #1010
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HAHA!!!

PROOF!!!

never have seen that pic..haha awww..look at the cute brush guard and 31'' KM2s..hahaha

and NICE! i was hoping you would.
so put me on a list
Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #1012
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Done.
Thank you sir
Old 04-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #1014
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
oh they are so cute!

and monte...dates for first 2 legs 4th to 11th (including driving times)

Monday August 5th: Meet in Clark at 8 am sharp. Start up morrsion.

Total drive time..unknown. Too many facors with trail difficulty and rig count. Drive most the trail and camp on the side. Unless it goes much faster then anticipated.

Tuesday 6th: Leave from Morrision to Cooke City. Refuel if needed. Leave from Cooke City to start the Back trails to Goose Lake. Camp at Goose lake.

Wendseday the 7th: Drive out of Goose lake, take a different route out. Drive down Hwy 296 Chief Joseph highway back down to clark. Depending on time im thinking of running threw Cody perhaps and maybe hitting up the musem. Its pretty cool. Largest fire arm collection in the world i believe. Plus lots of other cool things. Or just stop at a resturant or something. Its bigger then Powell so more to do if we have lots of time to kill. Other then that go to Powell. Have a nice BBQ. Find you guys a place to camp. Bring your own towels and you can shower at my place i think too.

Thrusday. 8th. Hit the road by 6:30am or 7 at the latest. Arrive in lander between 12-1. Refuel, meet up with others that are joining us and head out of lander to Christina lake trail. Drive christina lake. Drive out. Should be done if all goes well by 4-5. Camp at the trail head or really..anywhere. TONS of camping spots. But Christina has a lovely area to camp next to a small creek and lots and lots of space for rigs.

Friday 9: Take the back way back to lander, all dirt. Maybe hit a couple of other roads..Id like to start heading out by 9am. Get into lander. We will no air back up as Shoshone is like 4 miles out side of lander. if that. Start the huge climb up to the peaks on shoshone. Then the decent. The decent is much more difficult. Hopefully we start this part no later then 2 pm. Will depend on rig count again. Arive safe and sound. Find some camping spots. And camp down there.

Saturday 10: Drive out of Shoshone. Departure time will again depend on how long it took us to get down and rig count. I would think 9 again..but not sure. Then get back to lander. And split up to our separate ways as Mike and i have a TON of miles to cover to get to Ouray CO.

that good for you??

If shit hits the fan at anytime. Mike and i have a day or two of cushion so if we decide thats to fast a pace..we can take an extra day to re coupe or somthing.

I will also do a big update in the OP soon will info like this too. Id like to run up and do Goose Lake myself first though before i do that.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #1015

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post

So I am going to try to make the first leg
That's a pretty awesome looking white truck in that pic...

You want to tag along for part of my route too on the first leg? You could join us on Saturday and then head for Cody on Sunday to meet up with everyone else.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #1016
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Monday August 5th: Meet in Clark at 8 am sharp. Start up morrsion.

Total drive time..unknown. Too many facors with trail difficulty and rig count. Drive most the trail and camp on the side. Unless it goes much faster then anticipated.

Tuesday 6th: Leave from Morrision to Cooke City. Refuel if needed. Leave from Cooke City to start the Back trails to Goose Lake. Camp at Goose lake.

Wendseday the 7th: Drive out of Goose lake, take a different route out. Drive down Hwy 296 Chief Joseph highway back down to clark. Depending on time im thinking of running threw Cody perhaps and maybe hitting up the musem. Its pretty cool. Largest fire arm collection in the world i believe. Plus lots of other cool things. Or just stop at a resturant or something. Its bigger then Powell so more to do if we have lots of time to kill. Other then that go to Powell. Have a nice BBQ. Find you guys a place to camp. Bring your own towels and you can shower at my place i think too.

Thrusday. 8th. Hit the road by 6:30am or 7 at the latest. Arrive in lander between 12-1. Refuel, meet up with others that are joining us and head out of lander to Christina lake trail. Drive christina lake. Drive out. Should be done if all goes well by 4-5. Camp at the trail head or really..anywhere. TONS of camping spots. But Christina has a lovely area to camp next to a small creek and lots and lots of space for rigs.

Friday 9: Take the back way back to lander, all dirt. Maybe hit a couple of other roads..Id like to start heading out by 9am. Get into lander. We will no air back up as Shoshone is like 4 miles out side of lander. if that. Start the huge climb up to the peaks on shoshone. Then the decent. The decent is much more difficult. Hopefully we start this part no later then 2 pm. Will depend on rig count again. Arive safe and sound. Find some camping spots. And camp down there.

Saturday 10: Drive out of Shoshone. Departure time will again depend on how long it took us to get down and rig count. I would think 9 again..but not sure. Then get back to lander. And split up to our separate ways as Mike and i have a TON of miles to cover to get to Ouray CO.

that good for you??

If shit hits the fan at anytime. Mike and i have a day or two of cushion so if we decide thats to fast a pace..we can take an extra day to re coupe or somthing.

I will also do a big update in the OP soon will info like this too. Id like to run up and do Goose Lake myself first though before i do that.
Yup that's perfect monte, like I suspected I'll drive there the 4th and drive back the 11th should I do both legs. That's one hell of a trip. Are we all going to be able to stand each other for that long

Without killing Ben
Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #1017
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the outline Monte! pending our drilling schedule early in august I should and really want to make it from the 8th thru the 10th. I'm gonna go check out the christina trail at somepoint this summer before your trip so I know whether or not i'll be driving it or the shoshone trail. I'm guessing the shoshone will be a bit gnarly for my truck. Unless bigger and better things happen to it between now and then and also if I feel like gettn crazy with a new truck... Either way I'll be a spotter/take pictures/shotty for someone
Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #1018
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Yup that's perfect monte, like I suspected I'll drive there the 4th and drive back the 11th should I do both legs. That's one hell of a trip. Are we all going to be able to stand each other for that long

Without killing Ben
Lol i have already camped a week with Ben..no killing haha

Im sure we will be fine. It'll be great.

and sweet man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Thanks for the outline Monte! pending our drilling schedule early in august I should and really want to make it from the 8th thru the 10th. I'm gonna go check out the christina trail at somepoint this summer before your trip so I know whether or not i'll be driving it or the shoshone trail. I'm guessing the shoshone will be a bit gnarly for my truck. Unless bigger and better things happen to it between now and then and also if I feel like gettn crazy with a new truck... Either way I'll be a spotter/take pictures/shotty for someone

pshhhh gotta put that new armor to use man! haha

What sized tires you on again??

Chistina im sure you can do. execpt for the last part after the river crossing im not sure of..mainly due to how tight a couple of the turns get with the trees..but. If you do it an make it all the way then i guess we will know if a 2nd gen can fit good haha

Shoshone i think you could do..

Your on 33s right?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #1019
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol i have already camped a week with Ben..no killing haha

Im sure we will be fine. It'll be great.

and sweet man!

pshhhh gotta put that new armor to use man! haha

What sized tires you on again??

Chistina im sure you can do. execpt for the last part after the river crossing im not sure of..mainly due to how tight a couple of the turns get with the trees..but. If you do it an make it all the way then i guess we will know if a 2nd gen can fit good haha

Shoshone i think you could do..

Your on 33s right?
Oh ya! So stoked for the summer!

Products Discussed in this Thread