Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Epic WY/MT/CO Adventure!!

View Poll Results: I will be attending...
Leg 1 only 5 20.00%
Leg 2 only 3 12.00%
Leg 3 only 5 20.00%
Legs 1 & 2 4 16.00%
Legs 2 & 3 0 0%
Legs 1 & 3 0 0%
All 3!! 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #1582
EASY WIND
Dirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dirty Pool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea..wish someone local could lead us..*cough*cough*
Man if you are referring to me, the best I can commit to is "We might cross trails".

Things should look a bit clearer on our end as the time grows near, but still, we go where the weather is good. If it's bad we just go somewhere else (perks of retirement)
Heck, the "last leg of any major trip is usually the one that ends up getting "adjusted" at the last minute anyhoo.

Till then I am happy to answer any questions and or spew advice. Keep in mind most all the main trails are well marked, maintained, stocker friendly and will be well traveled at that time of year, most likely crowded by Wyoming standards.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #1585
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Lisa on your part of leg 1, do you plan on camping near or spending any amount of time at these lakes?
We'll probably have a little time to kill on Sunday and will be passing by both of those areas. I wouldn't recommend stopping too long...unless the wind is blowing 30+ the mosquitoes are likely to pick you up and carry you away.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #1586
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
We'll probably have a little time to kill on Sunday and will be passing by both of those areas. I wouldn't recommend stopping too long...unless the wind is blowing 30+ the mosquitoes are likely to pick you up and carry you away.
I love WY's alpine lakes, they are SO beautiful, but I agree with Lisa. The Mosquitos are the reason Californians and the rest of the world haven't all moved there. They are insanely bad
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #1587
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
I love WY's alpine lakes, they are SO beautiful, but I agree with Lisa. The Mosquitos are the reason Californians and the rest of the world haven't all moved there. They are insanely bad

Well I'm lucky I guess. Mosquitoes don't like my blood, it's contaminated with too much alcohol and narcotics
Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #1588
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well I'm lucky I guess. Mosquitoes don't like my blood, it's contaminated with too much alcohol and narcotics
I assure you, these wont care, they are demons
Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #1590

Quote:
Well my alcohol and narcotic contaminated blood combined with mosquito repellant clothing and a head net should suffice me to wet a line in a few of those alpine lakes for a while
Oh for sure, I braved them for a week cuz the scenery was far too breathtaking not to. But my dog's eyes swelled shut after a half hour of me sitting there from all the bites. I had never seen anything like it before. But I would go back!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #1591
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I camped there last July (when I took those pics) and I wasn't out of the truck 5 minutes before I was swarmed. I doused my pants, long sleeve shirt and boonie with bug spray and they finally started to go away. But I had to respray every couple of hours and still came home covered in bites!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #1592
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
So I should buy stock in bugspray before this trip?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #1593
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
So I should buy stock in bugspray before this trip?
I think I told Monte that he should put bug spray on the must have list for this trip....or those of us smart enough to pack extra can sell it for $50 a can
Old 05-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #1595
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I did put it in the gear list.,but I doubt people read all of that shit haha

Yea the mosquitoes are epic some years. You can kill upwards of 20 with one hit. This year I think is gonna be a buggy year. Been very moist and no late freeze.
Hopefully by august they will have spent themselves a little.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #1599
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck I need a job yesterday. No job, no go is the final word for me at this point
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #1600
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
so when is the Black Bear pass leg? I might be interested in this leg

When these threads turn to BSing its hard to keep up sometimes. lol

Products Discussed in this Thread