Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

STUCK IN THE SOUP!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Chief Longpole is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Chief Longpole's Tacoma Gallery
STUCK IN THE SOUP!

Today I tried to mob my '08 Taco TRD 4x4 through a creek bed that is passable when it's dry but after much rain it was way too soupy. Was on a friend's land but didn't know who lived at the house currently. Luckily for me, the dude who lived there was very understanding and helped pull me out with HIS '08 TRD 4x4. Got his stuck too and had to purchase and additional tow strap and borrow a chain and a 30 footcable as well. Finally after getting his truck on solid ground we were able to pull mine out of the creek bed with no problems. It was a good day - got to baptize my truck and made a new friend as well. Posting some picks of before and after but unfortunately we didn't have a third man for action photos. Maybe next time!

Attached Thumbnails
STUCK IN THE SOUP!-p1020818.jpg   STUCK IN THE SOUP!-p1020817.jpg   STUCK IN THE SOUP!-p1020816.jpg   STUCK IN THE SOUP!-p1020819.jpg   STUCK IN THE SOUP!-2013021395160545.jpg  

STUCK IN THE SOUP!-2013021395160555.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
looks like fun atleast!

my buddy was screwin around in some mudd about 10 miles away and got stuck (he took his trailer too). He called me asking if I knew anyone with a winch...hes 4wd and he wasnt moving

I drove around my neighborhood for 45 minutes and found a guy with a power wagon and asked for help but he was busy......then I stopped at a house with a badass jeep rig...he got me a ride to my friend and we pulled him out.....just asked a random stranger and he was happy to help....I noticed the USMC tatt on his calf and thanked him for his service, and afterward he refused any money or even gas.

Semper Fi Josh!

sometimes the worst scenarios make for good friends
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #3

Marines:
That's good to go! I'm glad to hear of one of my brothers lending a helping hand! By the way - I am totally new to this forum stuff - and I just realized maybe I posted this in the wrong section?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longpole View Post
That's good to go! I'm glad to hear of one of my brothers lending a helping hand! By the way - I am totally new to this forum stuff - and I just realized maybe I posted this in the wrong section?
where would u like it? here? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/

and thank you for your service sir
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #5

Marines:
Also, any idea if you can change your actual username once it's set? I was screwing around when I made this one cause I couldn't get one to stick - everything I tried was already in use. Now that I am one here to stay I figured maybe I should make it something less eccentric...
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also, any idea if you can change your actual username once it's set? I was screwing around when I made this one cause I couldn't get one to stick - everything I tried was already in use. Now that I am one here to stay I figured maybe I should make it something less eccentric...
Nah I like it
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #7

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

send a PM to tcBob and ask him nicely

hes up at the top here and click on "send PM" on the right

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showgroups.php

I am pretty sure he is the only 1 who can do a name change so have a name idea picked out b4 contacting for best results. hes the man in charge here and a good dude.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #8

Marines:
Thank you for saying so - it means a lot. Best job I've ever had! Yeah that looks like the right forum - how do I move it??
Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #9

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you for saying so - it means a lot. Best job I've ever had! Yeah that looks like the right forum - how do I move it??
I gotcha this time........PM inbound
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #10

Marines:
Got it - thanks again!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a nice mess you got into there! Not sure if you actually pulled from there or not (4th pic), but using a ball as tow anchor is potentially dangerous, they are not designed for pulling like that and can crack and break creating a projectile. Safety first!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #12

Marines:
Good point Wishbone. Where's the best place to hook in? I did pull it out by the ball without any problems, but I am definitely not in need of any more projectiles flying my way!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you had some fun in the mud. haha
You may want to find one of these.