Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Show us your winches (not your wives)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #222
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
I posted this on the B/S/T thread earlier. Hopefully someone can use the info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiManKolt View Post
Hey Guys,

I am in the market for a Prolink. I went to the local shops and all of them are selling the Prolinks for $148.99 plus tax (9.5% in WA). In my research I found that the cheapest I could find a complete Prolink anywhere is $142.45 shipped on Ebay.

I also noticed that you could get the prolink without the rubber guard for as low as $114.70 and the rubber guard for $12.99 ($127.69 total). All of the prices that I am quoting are free shipping also.

I've decided to hold off on the Prolink for now but I wanted to pass on the info.

If you guys have any leads on cheap Prolinks please don't hesitate to post.

Here the links I am refering to:

Complete:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factor-55-Pro-Link-Loaded-Silver-Safer-Stronger-Shackle-Mount-00015-05-/171121241946?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item27d79eef5a&vxp=mtr

Without Rubber Guard:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factor-55-Prolink-With-Alloy-Steel-Pin-Prolink-Shackle-Mount-Silver-00010-05-/251248750958?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item3a7f97b16e&vxp=mtr

Rubber Guard:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factor-55-ProLink-Rubber-Guard-00014-01-/261309910322?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item3cd748cd32&vxp=mtr
Old 01-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #223
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I posted this on the B/S/T thread earlier. Hopefully someone can use the info:
Thanks for the info been on the fence about getting what to do.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #225
mo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud of
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
whats up fellas how much line do yall run on your winchs and what size do yall run? i just picked up a smittybuilt winch for a steal and 130' of 3/8th amsteel for a really good price aswell and im thinking ima have to cut some off to make it all fit on the winch properly. i know the winch comes with about 97' of cable but it still has some room for a little bit more length i would say.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #226
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I run 100' of 3/8" Amsteel in my Warn M8000. I wouldn't really go over 100" if your worried about the winch working properly. The more line that you have on the drum during a winch the weaker the pull will be. You can always add to the line if needed.

If you cut off 30" don't throw it away. You should make a couple extensions out of it.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #227
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I run 100' of 3/8" Amsteel in my Warn M8000. I wouldn't really go over 100" if your worried about the winch working properly. The more line that you have on the drum during a winch the weaker the pull will be. You can always add to the line if needed.

If you cut off 30" don't throw it away. You should make a couple extensions out of it.
how long did it take you to wrap your own ends?? Cause i know they sell a kit to help you do that.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #228
I had never done it before I did mine. I worked on it while my wife watched a move and it took about 45 min to learn how and actually do it. There is a great video that shows how to do it without a kit. I will go find it.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #229
I followed this video but I included my Samson Blueline thimble in the loop. When I did mine I also decided to all the way through 2 times then I went down the core like he does in the video. I then used nylon thread to hold it all to gether.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q22wgYZL9f0
Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #231
did you follow the link? I can never get those things to embed here.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #233
Just search "Create a fixed eye in your am steel" in YouTube. Its a guy working on a cutting board.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #234
the full Monty

ok i will have to check it out.

So i finally used my winch last weekend, the only problem with the thimble is i had the wrong size d ring . I need to get smaller D rings. If i had the hook still on i would not have run into problem of self recovery. So i am kinda of confused if the thimble is worth it :/.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #235
mo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud ofmo13 has much to be proud of
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks for the info man I was thinking about doing exactly what you mentioned. Cutting it at 100' and making a strap outta the left over 30'. Also I bought the Viking safety thimble and it seems pretty good i was gonna buy the pro link but the safety thimble looks like itll get the job done.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #236
Sasktaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Brennan
Sasktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone added a winch inside there 12/13 bumper , I saw a guy on a video have it, I wanna do that mod... It pops out on the lower flat Gray lower bumper.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #237
fuballs has a spectacular aura aboutfuballs has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ben
fuballs's Tacoma Gallery
Yea this should get this van out of any trouble...
Attached Thumbnails
Show us your winches (not your wives)-img_0932.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #238
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I bet that would work just fine. That van wouldnt be able to get itself into enough trouble to warrant anything bigger.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #239
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like an ATV winch

Products Discussed in this Thread