Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Show us your winches (not your wives)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery

9.5cti-s SPECSWinch model: 9.5cti-s (currently not CE compliant)Part Number: 97600Rated line pull: 9,500 lbs., (4310 kgs.) single-lineMotor: Series woundElectrical controls: ContactorRemote Control: Remote switch, LED indicator, 12' (3.7m) leadGeartrain: 3-Stage planetaryGear ratio: 156:1Clutch (freespooling): Sliding ring gearBrake: Automatic mechanical cone brakeDrum diameter/Length: 2.625"/9.0" (6.67cm/23cm)Weight: 66 lbs. (30.0 kgs)Rope: Synthetic -- 100', 3/8" diameterFairlead: Full radius polished aluminum hawseRecommended Battery: 650 CCA minimum for winchingBattery leads: 2 gauge, 72" (1.83m)Finish: High-gloss powder coat over primer undercoating
12V DC PERFORMANCE SPECSLine Pull
Lbs.(Kgs.)
Line Speed
FT./min(M/min.)
Motor
Current
Pull by layer
layer/Lbs(Kgs.)
047.0 (14.32)42 amps1/9500 (4313)2000 (910)16.5 (5.02)140 amps2/8650 (3927)4000 (1810)12.0 (3.66)223 amps3/7920 (3595)6000 (2720)9.2 (2.80)307 amps4/7400 (3359)8000 (3630)7.1 (2.16)390 amps5/6940 (3150)9500 (4310)5.9 (1.80)452 amps
Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #23
Databox is on a distinguished road
Army: Airframe Mechanic
Databox's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #24
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a TJM Stealth winch into my All Pro Apex plate bumper.

I had to weld a plate to the existing bracket that came with the bumper and punch 4 holes for mounting the control box.

I then had to cut out the back of the cover plate to re-route the leads.

Wired it all up.

Had to have this anodized black!

Bolted up...

Finished

All in all, took a few hours along with re-installing my URD intake minus making the bracket.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #25
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDirt View Post
I just installed a TJM Stealth winch into my All Pro Apex plate bumper.

I had to weld a plate to the existing bracket that came with the bumper and punch 4 holes for mounting the control box.

I then had to cut out the back of the cover plate to re-route the leads.

Wired it all up.

Had to have this anodized black!

Bolted up...

Finished

All in all, took a few hours along with re-installing my URD intake minus making the bracket.
This is what I've been eying on for a while. It has all the nice features at a pretty reasonable price. Where did you buy yours from?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #26
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
This is what I've been eying on for a while. It has all the nice features at a pretty reasonable price. Where did you buy yours from?
I called TJM direct.

4115 Indus Way Riverside, CA 92503
(951) 934-7150
Old 04-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #27
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 05-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #28
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I finally used my winch with the wireless remote and it worked great. I got high centered on a tight trail.

Here is me stuck and a buddy trying to get at my winch cable.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #29
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Warn 9.5xp-s
Spydura synthetic -100', 3/8" diameter

Warn wireless controller along with in-cab winch controls and hard wired controller as a backup
Solenoid extended into the engine bay to keep out of harms way
Wires upgraded to 1/0 cable from the standerd 2 AWG that comes with the winch

Difference in wire size

Plate I made for the custom winch solenoid mount on passenger side fenderwell area

In-cab controls in the sunglasses holder

Warn likes the juice so had to upgrade to 2 batteries with an isolator as well

Winch with wireless controller and synthetic rope - $1200
Wiring - $100 or so
Batteries - $700 or so with all the wiring, isolator, battery tray, and batteries
Damn looks like cluster whooy of wires.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #30
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Damn looks like cluster whooy of wires.
That is what I was thinking! He has everything pretty damn organized though. I Really like where he has everything.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #31
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
That is what I was thinking! He has everything pretty damn organized though. I Really like where he has everything.
yea ant is the man.

My wire look like cluster f.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
Its 4 o’clock somewhere
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my Warn 8000 with synth line. Like others, I lengthened the control box cables to be able to stash it under my hood instead of on top of the winch. I've used it to pull others out as well as myself and its worked great every time.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #33
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #34
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
You guys have posted some great info so far i sub'd to it. I see most of you are running plate bumpers. I am going to be buying the AP tube bumper for my taco and I am trying to find the best winch I can put on the truck. I really like the Warn M8000 but 650 is a little bit more then what I want to spend. If I can get a winch of the same quality a lot cheaper then I rather do that to have more money saved for more armor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #35
Quote:
If you want it to work every time, get a warn. Otherwise you are just spending good money after bad. I've seen several other brand winches fail right out of the box, shortly thereafter or even worse when you need it to get home that night. Nothing worse than spending a cold night out on the trail to save a couple hundred bucks
You have a very valid point sir. I really do like the Warn M8000 like I have stated in my previous post. They even carry them at the local pep boys which happens to be 1/4 mile from my house for 650...same price as 4wheel parts. I was also looking is there anyway to upgrade the M8000 to a wireless remote?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #36
the full Monty

Quote:
haha missed these comments. Thanks fellas. Yeah kinda hard to hide all the wires considering how many of them there are, I tried my best
You did a good job, you need more engine bay room
Old 05-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #37
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
You have a very valid point sir. I really do like the Warn M8000 like I have stated in my previous post. They even carry them at the local pep boys which happens to be 1/4 mile from my house for 650...same price as 4wheel parts. I was also looking is there anyway to upgrade the M8000 to a wireless remote?
You can use the wireless remote I think with most of their winches. The wireless box has a cord that plugs in the same spot that the handheld controller plugs in.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
You can use the wireless remote I think with most of their winches. The wireless box has a cord that plugs in the same spot that the handheld controller plugs in.
Yeah I just saw that on their website. I didn't see their "winch accessory" page at first. Thank you gentlemen. I know the M8000 will fit on the All Pro bumper as well so it seems like the general consensus is to get a Warn winch. Im trying to figure out the difference between the M8000 for 649.99 and the VR8000 for 479.99 thats a pretty good price difference and from the research that I have done I cannot seem to find any real difference between the two.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #39
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
Yeah I just saw that on their website. I didn't see their "winch accessory" page at first. Thank you gentlemen. I know the M8000 will fit on the All Pro bumper as well so it seems like the general consensus is to get a Warn winch. Im trying to figure out the difference between the M8000 for 649.99 and the VR8000 for 479.99 thats a pretty good price difference and from the research that I have done I cannot seem to find any real difference between the two.
Off topic but what year CBR you ride?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Off topic but what year CBR you ride?
I had a 07 600RR and a 06 1000RR

Products Discussed in this Thread