Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Show us your winches (not your wives)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #421
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone please measure the dimensions of the Contactor solenoid? Fabbing a plate later and hoping to map out a spot for it. Are there studs on it for mounting by chance?
Old 07-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #422
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine.. Engo 10k on a trailgear bumper. Took alot to get it mounted up

Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #423
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
So I got antsy and decided to hook up my winch and just hear how it sounds and get a feel for the controls. Basically just wanted it out of the box and feel like I have a winch. Instead of it just sitting there waiting on the synthetic line.

It is doa out of the box. Just clicks. It's getting power but the motor or gears aren't engaging. So I sent the seller an email and surprisingly he said mine was the 3rd one he has had to have returned out of the group he sent out. He's offering an immediate refund once I drop it off at ups and he has confirmation it is on its way. He was very apologetic. My question is. Should I accept the refund and buy a different winch or let him send me a replacement.

The winch is a smittybuilt xrc9.5 Please don't turn this into a smash about smittybuilt. Anyone can have a qc issue.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #424
Coast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast2Coast's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone looking for a top quality, new contactor or spare:

http://gigglepin4x4store.gostorego.c...contacter.html
Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #425
james Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant future

Name: james
james Daniel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
So I got antsy and decided to hook up my winch and just hear how it sounds and get a feel for the controls. Basically just wanted it out of the box and feel like I have a winch. Instead of it just sitting there waiting on the synthetic line.

It is doa out of the box. Just clicks. It's getting power but the motor or gears aren't engaging. So I sent the seller an email and surprisingly he said mine was the 3rd one he has had to have returned out of the group he sent out. He's offering an immediate refund once I drop it off at ups and he has confirmation it is on its way. He was very apologetic. My question is. Should I accept the refund and buy a different winch or let him send me a replacement.

The winch is a smittybuilt xrc9.5 Please don't turn this into a smash about smittybuilt. Anyone can have a qc issue.
Would just go with the replacement IMHO
Old 08-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #426
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post

on another note doesn't this come with syn line anyway? Or am I mistaken?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #427
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsez2000 View Post
on another note doesn't this come with syn line anyway? Or am I mistaken?

There are two versions. One with synthetic rope one without.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #428
Dude
TacoMiller is on a distinguished road

TacoMiller's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got the winch installed, only took 8 months . Now I just need something to winch!

Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #430
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMiller View Post
Finally got the winch installed, only took 8 months . Now I just need something to winch!

Hey, that's cool!
Old 08-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #431
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
motionridr8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMiller View Post

where'd you mount your solenoid? just installed my usoffroad bumper today and now just hunting for a place to stick the solenoid box for my Badlands 9k winch
Old 08-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #432
Dude
TacoMiller is on a distinguished road

TacoMiller's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted it on the radiator cross member.

This is a view from the front above the winch
Old 09-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #434
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
So I had NO idea that the ARB bumper does not align with a normal hawse fairlead. My question now is can I just cut down the area that is affecting the area of the hawse or do I HAVE to get an offset hawse (or hawse adapter)? OR should I just drill and tap a hole directly into the bumper plate where it should be mounted?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #435
james Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant futurejames Daniel has a brilliant future

Name: james
james Daniel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiManKolt View Post
So I had NO idea that the ARB bumper does not align with a normal hawse fairlead. My question now is can I just cut down the area that is affecting the area of the hawse or do I HAVE to get an offset hawse (or hawse adapter)? OR should I just drill and tap a hole directly into the bumper plate where it should be mounted?

Here is a few answers
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ynth-rope.html
Old 09-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #436
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ya, I've already read through most of that. A lot of it was talking about getting an offset fairlead. My question is why not just cut the bumper or drill/tap the location you want.

Cutting the bumper keeps the line away from the sharp top edge of the bumper.
Drill/tap seems to be more sturdy then an offset fairlead. (when considering leverage against the line)
Old 09-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #437
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
No issues with mine as of yet. Been using my winch frequently. Over the past couple winters, winched over 30 people out in a day. did that multiple times over the few weeks of snow here and have been checking the rope for wear. Not 1 sign.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:56 AM   #438
No issues with your what? Offset fairlead? I get that but I already paid for a straight hawse, I am trying to make it work instead of paying more for an offset.

So, I am trying to figure out which is the better route. Cut the bumper or or drill/tap the bumper?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #440
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
You do not need to drill and tap. Drill holes and then use two bolts and nuts. Less work and it is how it is mounted in the first place

Products Discussed in this Thread