Notices

Show us your winches (not your wives)

Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #41
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
If you email them they will explain the differences. main thing i would think is the type of actuator (contactor vs. solenoid) and motor type and/or line speed. I know I had emailed back and forth with the technical guys are warn before I decided on mine

Edit: when i checked the website for VR8000 versus the M8000 the main differences were the brake type and electrical controls
Okay I will do that. Thank you
Old 05-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #43
Which one would you say is better as far as durability the M8000 or the VR8000?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #45
That's the only other reason I was thinking about going with the smittybilt X20 because it is a sealed unit which I like and I don't know how many plunges into a mud hole the M8000 can handle. But I like the overall durability and reliability of the Warn.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #46
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
TJM Stealth 9k here. No good pics of it though, just this one. Havent got the chance to use it yet.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #47
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the VR 10,000-s and I have used it a couple of times so far. I haven't had any issues. I chose the VR because it was less money, but it was still a warn. I figure if it is backed by a lifetime warranty then I shouldn't worry too much.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #48
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
I finally used my winch with the wireless remote and it worked great. I got high centered on a tight trail.

Here is me stuck and a buddy trying to get at my winch cable.
OH SNAP!!!! SO many bushes!!!! Trail rash for the Baja AHHHHHHHHHH

You may not know but I have an issue with bushes and my truck Cant wait to get a winch and a nice plate bumper to install it in. Wonder who makes those...
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #49
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
OH SNAP!!!! SO many bushes!!!! Trail rash for the Baja AHHHHHHHHHH

You may not know but I have an issue with bushes and my truck Cant wait to get a winch and a nice plate bumper to install it in. Wonder who makes those...
I have a lovely pinstripe down the whole side of my truck. I used the wrong rubbing compound on it and made it a little worse. Now it looks like dull spots and a pin stripe. They will be able to be buffed out though for sure. At the end of the end of the summer to have all of that touched up and make it like new again.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #51
Kick A$$ Member

Umm kinda...Although I haven't actually used the winch since this. Only the winch was in water not the box.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #53
If your not going to use it that much I would definitely get the cheaper one unless you are really wheeling a lot. That's just my opinion if your going to have to use it everytime you go out and go wheeling 3-4 days a week then yeah you will wear it out.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #54
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
If your not going to use it that much I would definitely get the cheaper one unless you are really wheeling a lot. That's just my opinion if your going to have to use it everytime you go out and go wheeling 3-4 days a week then yeah you will wear it out.
hmm:/ good point usually just wheel as weekend warrior.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #55
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
subd, some nice looking setups here.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #56
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
hmm. Just wondering if i should go big or go home with the 9500 xp winch. or just get cheaper one just not going to use it that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
^x2 This is why I went with the one I went with. I figure I will use it maybe 10 times a year and that is being generous. I will probably use it less. I am an entry level off roader so I went with an entry level winch from the best company out there.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
^x2 This is why I went with the one I went with. I figure I will use it maybe 10 times a year and that is being generous. I will probably use it less. I am an entry level off roader so I went with an entry level winch from the best company out there.
That is well said. I am an entry level also I want a winch for my personal recovery being first priority and second to make a few dollars off of pulling other people out that get stuck at the worst times. I'm usually always pulling out a jeep or two so it shouldn't take too long to make my money back
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #58
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Curious, since I'm new to the winch game. When the winch is not in use, do you guys have tension on the line? I have mine attached to a D-ring on my bumper with tension. Not a bunch, but just enough so things dont move. Is this right? I see some people's pics it's tight, and others its just kind of dangling. I'm running synthetic line if that matters.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #59
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
i keep mine just taught enough so it's not flapping in the breeze. Don't want it too tight you will stretch the line and wear it out faster
I do the same. I get it just tight enough to not move, but there is still a little slack.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #60
Hey fellas I got a quick question. I ordered my All Pro tube bumper and I have my Warn M8000 winch sitting at home waiting for the bumper to get here. The question I have is that my boss gave me a duralast Gold battery. Its a 800 CCA/1000 Cranking am 32 degree Farenheight battery. Is that going to be okay to put in my truck?

Products Discussed in this Thread