Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #61
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the double post but the part number is a 78-DLG
Old 05-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #62
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
Hey fellas I got a quick question. I ordered my All Pro tube bumper and I have my Warn M8000 winch sitting at home waiting for the bumper to get here. The question I have is that my boss gave me a duralast Gold battery. Its a 800 CCA/1000 Cranking am 32 degree Farenheight battery. Is that going to be okay to put in my truck?
Other people are going to know the real answer, but I am running the VR 10,000 on the stock battery. Once I get more lights and accessories I will switch to dual batteries.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #63
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running my M8000 on a stocker and its fine. When its time to replace I'll upgrade but for now I'm not worrying about it.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #64
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks fellas for the input I will just use the stock 550 CCA battery for now then.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #65
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post

I just noticed your clutch lever is facing forward, but I can still see the warn logo on the other side. Did you rotate the clutch lever side plate?

If so, how tough was that?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #66
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So I went wheeling a couple weeks ago and my winch didn't work. Wireless Remote didn't work so I Plugged in the hand remote and that didn't work either. Turned out two of the leads to the winch were loose. I tightened them up and luckily the wired remote worked. The wireless on the other hand still didn't work. I will be contacting Warn about this.

Edit: Wireless Remote was fine it was just the leads.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #67
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
yeah i clocked it a few degrees, simple really. Just loosen all the allen head screws holding on the handle and slide the engagement handle out and rotate it, then tighten back down the screws
I need to do this. As it stands I look like a circus contortionist when I switch to free spool and back.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #68
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I clocked mine three different ways before it would sit right. The best way ended up being straight up, like it came from the factory.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #69
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
So I went wheeling a couple weeks ago and my winch didn't work. Wireless Remote didn't work so I Plugged in the hand remote and that didn't work either. Turned out two of the leads to the winch were loose. I tightened them up and luckily the wired remote worked. The wireless on the other hand still didn't work. I will be contacting Warn about this.
Update it wasn't the wireless remote! I am idiot and it was just the Two leads and the wireless remote was just fine.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #70
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
My wireless remote stopped working the other night too. I am going to try batteries first becaseu it came with cheapo chinese batteries.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #71
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Winch got me out of a fairly sticky situation this past weekend. couldn't go forward or backward without taking out multiple body panels. extraction involved the winch and a come-along off the wrap-around wing of my rear bumper. made it out without a scratch.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #72
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
I have an M8000 on my trail rig. Price was hard to beat at $300 from a wheeling buddy. I have the wireless controller sitting around just haven't gotten around to it as usual.

Mounted on the Marlin bumper

One of the first times I had you use it recovering another rig after a flop

Last April winching out an FJ in Twister at Barnwell Mountain

Another handy tip is to clean and re-grease the motor/gear assembly after any water or mud encounters on the trail.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #73
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #74
2stroketrush will become famous soon enough

EMS:
Name: Tyler
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys i realize this thread has been inactive for a while, but does anyone have any info on installing a Smittybilt xcr8 on my ARB bar for my 97 Taco?
Thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #75
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroketrush View Post
Hey guys i realize this thread has been inactive for a while, but does anyone have any info on installing a Smittybilt xcr8 on my ARB bar for my 97 Taco?
Thanks!
what kind of info? if it's their full bumper, it should just bolt right up.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Has anybody Purchased Warn ZEON 10-S i was looking this for my truck ? I need something heavy duty for fast ass truck.

looked at one the other day just because it was there. good looking unit. but i did olmost break my wrist trying to turn the clutch lever
i'm hoping they all aren't like that.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #78
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Two guys I wheel with have the 10s. Lightweight aluminum and pulls fast. Their rigs are in the 6,000lb range and the warns pull them like they are attached to a fully laden shopping cart. Damn good winch IMO.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #79
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
just not sure whether to go with a vr 10000 s or xeon 10000 s.

Colin how often do you use your winch??

Boone taco would you recommend it over vr 10000s?

there is about 319 dollar difference . Do i go big or go home?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #80

2-3 times per wheeling trip, sometimes more depending on the level of the people i'm with/terrain style. or if i'm alone lol.

so i would say i use it a fair amount....

Products Discussed in this Thread