Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Looking for good ideas for safari trucks.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
jonmyrlebailey is on a distinguished road
jonmyrlebailey's Tacoma Gallery
then perhaps the pickups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
1.no need for lavatories that's what the bush is for.
2.most of the hunting I found was road hunting, trackers will ride up top looking for game, it is also quite fun. With hunters sitting inside the truck it takes longer when an animal is spotted to get ready.
3. Charging rhinos and elephants!! Really??? They only charge if the babies are threatened, if so just shoot them. No amount of armor will proctect you!
4. You will also need a roller across the bottom of the bed and a rear winch. Plus leaf spring rated for like 3tons(not kidding)
can be used for transporting supplies and miscellaneous logistical purposes: and I would need a couple open Land Cruisers for the spotters, hunters, guns and PH: the safari party would be in a convoy: I was hoping I could ride inside the cab on the hunt to keep cool by the factory a/c

I am a modest gentleman, and the privacy potty is necessary: at no point during any hunt would I venture away more than a half mile from the parked convoy on foot: I don't want to squat in the bush and have a spitting cobra bite me on the ass
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #22
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I think a pontiac aztek might suit your needs better mate.

Looks amphibious..
Old 02-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #23
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmyrlebailey View Post
can be used for transporting supplies and miscellaneous logistical purposes: and I would need a couple open Land Cruisers for the spotters, hunters, guns and PH: the safari party would be in a convoy: I was hoping I could ride inside the cab on the hunt to keep cool by the factory a/c

I am a modest gentleman, and the privacy potty is necessary
Ph and tracker won't like riding in the cab.
Sorry to say, youre going to Be in the bush, get over it.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Looks amphibious..
Looks more monkey-ish than frog like at least
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #25
Quote:
Ph and tracker won't like riding in the cab.
Sorry to say, youre going to Be in the bush, get over it.
then PH and tracker can be in the open Land Cruser
Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #26
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
then PH and tracker can be in the open Land Cruser
How many people are you planning on taking?
How long is the duration of the trip?
What time of year?
Quota and type of animals?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #27
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
4. You will also need a roller across the bottom of the bed and a rear winch. Plus leaf spring rated for like 3tons(not kidding)
This.

The Tacoma is doing well to carry 1000lbs in the bed.
It's not going to be at all suitable for the equipment, passengers, AND to be able to haul the game out... unless the only thing being hauled out is poached ivory.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #28
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
This.

It's not going to be at all suitable for the equipment, passengers, AND to be able to haul the game out... unless the only thing being hauled out is poached ivory.
May want Lt then
Old 02-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #29
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Just rent some rigs when you get to Namibia

Hit up my friend Mr Click Click Dirk , here's his rental site

http://namibia.safari.co.za/Namibia_...e-namibia.html

Old 02-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #30
Quote:
How many people are you planning on taking?
How long is the duration of the trip?
What time of year?
Quota and type of animals?
myself, two hunting buddies, one paid driver for each vehicle in my private fleet, a hired PH and spotter, whatever field hands are necessary to recover shot game: my trucks would operate in recovering the kills too: my two German shepherds (they just travel and stay in the truck)(one of the hired drivers attends to them on leash to water them and toilet them)

a safari could run up to three months

the time of the year that provides the fairest weather for white man's hunting: the African winter or American summer
Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #31
I was planning on having Tundras

Quote:
This.

for the heavier chores with the most powerful V-8s Toyota offers

maybe I don't need Tacomas, then ... maybe open Land Crusiers in lieu of them
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #32
and I am not going to have just ONE

Quote:
This.

vehicle

vehicle numbers, types and accessories will be chosen on:

1. what is being hunted
2. where the party is going
3. how many people/dogs in the party
4. safety
5. comfort
6. convenience
7. what gear/kills need to be hauled
8. possible recovery of a downed vehicle
9. season
10. region
11. weather
12. terrain

How does the military plan vehicles for a mission?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #33
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
No way in hell, if I were you get in touch with some local ph's they will know best.
You have an overkill idea about how safaris work.

Also cabelas has an awesome safari program. They can book anything you want, anywhere!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #34
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Listen to me and rich it's your best bet
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #37
I plan on being very rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post

Here is my custom painted jet!

when my uncle dies. I will even have my $45 million private jet to fly in to Africa. The trucks would be shipped in by a shipping company. I want the prestige of having all my own guns and cool, specialized painted trucks for safari. No expense would be spared. All my drinking water and food (private cooks and maids) would be imported in from America too. I would stay at the most expensive lodges. Won't take any chances with tropical fevers, other bad bugs or dysentary.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #38
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Im out.... Rich snobs piss me off
Old 02-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #40
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
when my uncle dies. I will even have my $45 million private jet to fly in to Africa. The trucks would be shipped in by a shipping company. I want the prestige of having all my own guns and cool, specialized painted trucks for safari. No expense would be spared. All my drinking water and food (private cooks and maids) would be imported in from America too. I would stay at the most expensive lodges. Won't take any chances with tropical fevers, other bad bugs or dysentary.
Me too