Notices

Kickup vs. Kickout slidders

View Poll Results: Kickup Or Kickout?
Kickup 29 31.18%
Kickout 64 68.82%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the kickout. A kickup will offer more protection of the rocker panel, but the kickout is more functional because it not only offers protection of the rocker panel but by using the kickout to push the truck away from the rocks it also pivots the rear of the truck away from harm and reduces the risk of damage to the bedsides.

I'm speaking from personal experience as I've had both styles, and the kickout is definitely more functional for protection not only of the rocker panel but added protection of the bedsides. Kickups are great protection for rockers but don't have the ability to pivot the rear of the truck away from harm.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #22
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I'm going to get these.

Can that rear door be opened with the kickups?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #23
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Can that rear door be opened with the kickups?
i am by no means a 1st gen expert, but i dont think the AC portion opens.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i am by no means a 1st gen expert, but i dont think the AC portion opens.
Yep. Access cab 1st gens don't have back doors.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Yep. Access cab 1st gens don't have back doors.
I wish they did though!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
Banned
prerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud of
prerantaco's Tacoma Gallery
mine has a kick-up AND a kick out.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #28
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Pics Or it didn't happen.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #29
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
Does anyone make a ready to order kick up slider?
I couldn't keep sliders in stock if i tried so i don't and with only a few orders of kickups its not something i would stock anyway. My sliders are always ready to order ready to ship is another thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Does anyone make a kick out/kick up slider that has the kick up angled out slightly? Wouldn't that be the beat of both worlds?
Lets do it we can make it happen
Old 03-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #31
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I thought kickouts were the way to go originally, as the theory is great, but I end up getting hung up on them more than anything. They do make for a nice step to get into the bed though, but at this point, I'm unable to do some obstacles due to the kickout getting hung up.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #32
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
I thought kickouts were the way to go originally, as the theory is great, but I end up getting hung up on them more than anything. They do make for a nice step to get into the bed though, but at this point, I'm unable to do some obstacles due to the kickout getting hung up.
Can you put a fill plate in it ?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #33
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I never get hung up on my kick outs but then again they were designed well and are not big enough to get hung up on rocks.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #34
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Can you put a fill plate in it ?
I've beat them up enough, I'm just going to get new ones. Not really worth the hassle of fixing when new are so cheap.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #35
Trail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud of

Name: Jon
Trail Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
I have dcsb so....kick ups wouldn't work. Saving up for All-Pro's, can't wait.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #36
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I'm going to get these.

I want some of those so bad...or just the whole truck can barely tell that thing has a body lift.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #37
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
I want some of those so bad...or just the whole truck can barely tell that thing has a body lift.
Haha I know! Mine will eventually look close to that except black
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #38
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My problem would be justifying buying them because theres really no trails here i would need them on, but i would eventually like to start going to meets in montana or wyoming or even moab. Thats where i'd need them.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
My problem would be justifying buying them because theres really no trails here i would need them on, but i would eventually like to start going to meets in montana or wyoming or even moab. Thats where i'd need them.
Haha yeah, they're kind of pricey compared to others, but they're unique! I don't have too much of a need around here, except for the 5+ scratches I have in my paint now from people's doors... That's why I really want some right now!

But I'm going to be in New Mexico for 3-4 months this summer and will probably get some while I'm down there. Then put them to use while I'm wheeling with some of the guys around there.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #40
Dirty mall crawler

good plan. I guess now that I think about it I would probably prefer kickup, because if I ever did wheel somwhere I was in danger of sliding into trees my tires probably stick out farther than the sliders would, and it seems that kickouts would be more likely to get hung up on rocks or stumps. Either way, I want a pair. They're just an all around great mod for the money.