View Poll Results: Kickup Or Kickout?
Kickup 29 31.18%
Kickout 64 68.82%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
Kickup vs. Kickout slidders

What do you prefer kickup ot kickout sliders?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I like my kickout when pivoting and pushing me off of stuff, also they are nice to get stuff out of my tool box!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
I would prefer kick up sliders. I feel like they offer a little more protection. They were an option for me though with a DCSB so I had to go with the kick outs.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I would prefer kick up sliders. I feel like they offer a little more protection. They were an option for me though with a DCSB so I had to go with the kick outs.
That's why I like them, the more protection the better!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
That's why I like them, the more protection the better!
Yep!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
I went kick out. I like the way mine look and the way they stick out a little more for the damn people that like to fling there doors open in a parking lot . They come out a little further. Plus its a little bit more of a step for the people getting in and out of my truck. Just my 02 cents
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
I think kick out is slightly more functional as a slider design, but kick up... kick ups just look really good!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
kick up, saved my panel for sure.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #10
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
I think kick out is slightly more functional as a slider design, but kick up... kick ups just look really good!
How's it more functional in your opinion? Legitimate question, not trying to sound rude.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #11
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
For a 1st gen extra cab kick up for sure i'm cutting my sliders and building some kick up's for mine i just love the way my kickup's look
Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #12
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
For a 1st gen extra cab kick up for sure i'm cutting my sliders and building some kick up's for mine i just love the way my kickup's look
BAMF kickups FTW! I'm glad I requested Jerry to create the kickups.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is always ready to have a picture taken of it, look how clean those rims are!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Neither, I like normal sliders. But between the two kick ups because kick outs just get you hung up here is Colorado. I have addicted offroards sliders that have a turnout right at the end but it does not stick out as far as a kick out.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #15
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of kick up but just couldn't see it working on a dcsb.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #16
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtaco View Post
I like the look of kick up but just couldn't see it working on a dcsb.
You are right the kick up well at least mine will only work on a 1st gen Extra cab or the DCLB 2nd gen. The DCSB just doesn't have the room for it.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #17
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone make a ready to order kick up slider?

The one advantage I think i can perceive with the kick out is that coming around a tight turn it will nudge your rear end over so that when you run out of slider, the tree you were sliding against doesn't hit your bed.... I've never seen this before, but it was what I thought the kickout was there to do.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #19
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
My kick out has saved me in situations where a kick up wouldnt have. I run very narrow trails and would have major bedside damage if it werent for the kick out pivoting me or pushing me away. I do agree that kick ups do look better though. I guess it just depends on how you wheel, or if you even do wheel
Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #20
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone make a kick out/kick up slider that has the kick up angled out slightly? Wouldn't that be the beat of both worlds?