Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Overland Expo 2013...who's going?

View Poll Results: Going to Overland Expo?
Yes, and camping 5 25.00%
Yes, but NOT camping 3 15.00%
No, but I wish I was 12 60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Flag weather in may is incredible.

I'm the trail steward for the section of hiking trail that runs through there.
http://www.aztrail.org/passages/pass_30.html

If you want to bring your mtn bike or hike till you drop , it's all there.

Az
Old 03-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
AZ4point0 is on a distinguished road
Name: V
AZ4point0's Tacoma Gallery
where in Flag, do you have to register and pay admission in advance, how does it work, i am only 30 miles away (Sedona), i'd like to check it out
Old 03-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ4point0 View Post
where in Flag, do you have to register and pay admission in advance, how does it work, i am only 30 miles away (Sedona), i'd like to check it out
All the info is on the link I posted. It's held at Mormon Lake, AZ.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Khakis and floppy hat required ?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Khakis and floppy hat required ?
Plus an "Expedition Wristwatch" and 300 dollar snowpeak chair.

And a snorkel.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
Lol, I'll stick with my Pico chair.
Heh. I have a 30 dollar Walmart chair that is the most comfortable thing I sit in besides the Aeron at home or the TRD seats in my truck. I'm not against spending money where it counts, but yeah, it is totally possible to get stupid about it.

That said, while there is a certain sort of Bling Bling suck the money of you thing going at the ExPo, my wife is really excited about the womens only offroading and marshalling(spotting) classes; and the sort of low-key "you can do this, here's how" sort of adventure planning.

She sorta wants to do something like this, but most domestic stuff along those lines is so dominated by the HurfDurf Bro-Dude set that it's hard for her to maintain interest. Can't say I blame her - I'm a dude, and most of that brah-dude hurf-durf attitude annoys me, too.

Anyway - it should be a fun trip for us, and if any of you are out there, Stop by any evening, I'll share a sconnie beer with you and we'll have a giggle at the absurdity of it all.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna try and make it. Would love to camp, but not sure if they have a hot shower for the Mrs.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #13
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there with my father
Old 03-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
I'm gonna try and make it. Would love to camp, but not sure if they have a hot shower for the Mrs.
They have public showers (coin operated, yeah, coin operated showers)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #16
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They have public showers (coin operated, yeah, coin operated showers)
Now that changes things up.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #17
Jim4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
Jim4X4's Tacoma Gallery
We will have a small group camping area for Tacoma Magazine! We will be camping with our friends from FJC Mag as well!

Email me at jim@tacomamag.com if you want to join us!

Otherwise, see you there!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim4X4 View Post
We will have a small group camping area for Tacoma Magazine! We will be camping with our friends from FJC Mag as well!

Email me at jim@tacomamag.com if you want to join us!

Otherwise, see you there!
Any idea wha area y'all will be camping in at Mormon Lake. Dad and I plan on trying to get the same area we had last year, right next to the offroad course, on the close side of the camping area. Good spot, backed up against a barb wire fence. So, it helps limit the amount of neighbors surrounding you (ie none behind you)
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
Jim4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
Jim4X4's Tacoma Gallery
We will be right next to the show area... So we can show off our trucks and a few FJC's!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ditto, dad and I've been going 3 years now and this will be our 2nd year to camp. Good bonding time.

Yeah, Got my father into off roading a few years back after he bought a 2011 FJ. He has been to events but this is one we haven't done before. Should be a good time.