Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Barstow to Vegas

Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #41
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Just realized this was the day of the DMZ Tacofest. Im out! Have fun guys, Be careful.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #43
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
bump. anyone that's been on this trip want to chime in with an actual mileage/ travel time? other than my guesses of 130 miles and about 4-5 hrs.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #44
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
i can prolly figure something out tomorrow
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #45
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
bump. anyone that's been on this trip want to chime in with an actual mileage/ travel time? other than my guesses of 130 miles and about 4-5 hrs.
Overall it's a fun but nasty road. From Barstow to Stateline will take you about 3.5-4 hours with occasional stops. I don't remember the mileage. Once you cross highway 127 going towards stateline, Powerline rd. get's nasty. Washouts, drop outs, hard kickers, rock beds, up hills, down hills, etc. Be careful...you'll be doing 60 mph cruising along and a rocky river bed or 2 foot drop out will come out of nowhere. Pay attention to the different color changes in the dirt ahead of you.

We'll be doing this run at night in a few weeks.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #46
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Overall it's a fun but nasty road. From Barstow to Stateline will take you about 3.5-4 hours with occasional stops. I don't remember the mileage. Once you cross highway 127 going towards stateline, Powerline rd. get's nasty. Washouts, drop outs, hard kickers, rock beds, up hills, down hills, etc. Be careful...you'll be doing 60 mph cruising along and a rocky river bed or 2 foot drop out will come out of nowhere. Pay attention to the different color changes in the dirt ahead of you.

We'll be doing this run at night in a few weeks.
Thanks. Yeah, I've been riding dirtbikes in the desert for 15 years now, so reading the terrain to see what's coming up comes natural. A night run sounds fun, but I'd like to do it once during the day first. Do you have a date set for when you're going?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #47
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...y-3-4-5-a.html
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #48
how hard can it be?

Well feel free to join us on this trip. I don't think I'll make yours. Got too many long weekends going on back to back. But hopefully I can join you for your fall trip.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #49
MattHKD is on a distinguished road
MattHKD's Tacoma Gallery
nooooooooooooooooooo I really wanna do this but im already gonna be in vegas that friday night! lol. next time for sure. this kind of thing is the reason i got a tacoma.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #50
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHKD View Post
nooooooooooooooooooo I really wanna do this but im already gonna be in vegas that friday night! lol. next time for sure. this kind of thing is the reason i got a tacoma.
Well when are you heading home? Maybe you can join us for the return trip from Vegas to Barstow on Sunday?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #51
MattHKD is on a distinguished road
MattHKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
Well when are you heading home? Maybe you can join us for the return trip from Vegas to Barstow on Sunday?
thats actually a great idea. I'm heading back sunday too. Do we know what the plan is for sunday at this point?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #52
how hard can it be?

Not exactly. I would imagine we will be back on the road/ trail sometime around noon. Depends how it goes on the way out satirday. Wanna give people time to recover from the night before.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #53
how hard can it be?

Less than a week bump. So far no one is 100% committed. Come on people, don't make me run this alone.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #54
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Im out.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #55
Augie is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0331
Augie's Tacoma Gallery
If this trip was a week later I would go.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #56
how hard can it be?

Well I'm all packed up and ready to head out tomorrow. If anyone changes their mind and cares to join me, I plan on re-fueling at the Valero off the Barstow Rd exit on the 15 around 8:30-9:00 am. Give me a call (805) 405-3134
Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #57
how hard can it be?

Glad to see everyone made it

Still had fun. Flying solo made it from pavement to pavement in 2.5 hrs.

And off in the distance you can see Primm

Next time maybe someone will join?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #58
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
You should set up another date..I will be game for sure. Unfortunately I had a run that was planned before this one was planned. We can start in Lucerne valley off of camp rock road or Bessemer mine road to add a few extra miles
Old 04-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #59
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
You should set up another date..I will be game for sure. Unfortunately I had a run that was planned before this one was planned. We can start in Lucerne valley off of camp rock road or Bessemer mine road to add a few extra miles
Yeah, definitely. Gonna be too hot out in the desert soon, and I've got a busy summer ahead of me. But I will be doing this probably early fall once it starts to cool back down.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #60

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
How did Powerline rd. treat you?