LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Barstow to Vegas

Old 04-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #61
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Been there, Done that

June 15-18, 1985 in a M48 Patton Tank

1/221 (11 ACR Black Horse) Nevada Army National Guard.

Tactical road march from Las Vegas to Ft Irwin.........hot, dusty, long.......would rather do it in a Tacoma
Old 04-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #62
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
How did Powerline rd. treat you?
Treated me just fine. Probably going a little fast for first time and going solo. Definitely had a couple oh shit lock up the brakes moments. Made the whole route in just under 2.5 hrs. Only casualty was a lost bolt on one side of the light bar. Noticed that it was sitting crooked at carls jr in Primm. Who knows how long it was bouncing around banging against the bumper? Still works though and gonna lock tight those bitches in once I replace it and re-aim.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #63
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
Yeah, definitely. Gonna be too hot out in the desert soon, and I've got a busy summer ahead of me. But I will be doing this probably early fall once it starts to cool back down.

Am game for a fall run
Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #65
MattHKD is on a distinguished road
MattHKD's Tacoma Gallery
Damn man I wish I could've made it. I would be down for another run sometime, something like this is what I really want to do. Is it possible to camp somewhere out there? I'll bet the stars in the desert would be amazing during a new moon.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #66
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHKD View Post
Damn man I wish I could've made it. I would be down for another run sometime, something like this is what I really want to do. Is it possible to camp somewhere out there? I'll bet the stars in the desert would be amazing during a new moon.
I'm gonna plan on doing it again sometime around October. Once it starts to cool back down. I'm sure you could camp anywhere out there, but at only 100 miles each way, maybe a night run to see the stars
Old 05-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #67
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm gonna plan on doing it again sometime around October. Once it starts to cool back down. I'm sure you could camp anywhere out there, but at only 100 miles each way, maybe a night run to see the stars

Count me in for a run then. Not interested in Vegas, but would love the run and sounds like you ended up going by yourself?

Old 09-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #68
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
So not trying to bring back an old thread but I am thinking of hitting this road up on the way to or From SEMA in the end of October. I plan to run solo from Tucson but would love to have some co on the dirt portion. Any plans to se t this up again?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #69
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
So not trying to bring back an old thread but I am thinking of hitting this road up on the way to or From SEMA in the end of October. I plan to run solo from Tucson but would love to have some co on the dirt portion. Any plans to se t this up again?
it's a great run... we have been doing this run twice a year since 2008...

the fall run is happening 9/20 weekend too...

what are the exact dates for SEMA?

if it's not rainy season too early this year, it would be a nice cool run... when it rains it's hard to go with just a couple trucks... make sure you pack warm clothes... i froze my ass off one year cuz i didn't pack any sweats for nighttime...

for camping, Hole In The Wall is nice as the campsites offer potable water by way of old fashioned hand pumps...
Old 09-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #70
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SEMA is November 5-8 this year. I think my plan would be to hit it going North on the way to SEMA. I Love road trips with cool stuff and since the trip from Tucson to Vegas has gotten stale so time to mix it up a little.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #71
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

have you mapped the trails from AZ to Vegas? is there legal OHV land to run? that could make for an epic adventure...
Old 09-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
have you mapped the trails from AZ to Vegas? is there legal OHV land to run? that could make for an epic adventure...
I haven't. I usually high tail it past Phx before I look for anything diffrent. Grew up in the desert so most of it all looks the same to me now. Other option is go thru Moab or something else cool. I will be traveling light.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #73
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a trip someone could make on stock suspension?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #74
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
I haven't. I usually high tail it past Phx before I look for anything diffrent. Grew up in the desert so most of it all looks the same to me now. Other option is go thru Moab or something else cool. I will be traveling light.

cool... definitely don't travel alone... another truck would be ideal... you don't want to be that one chance in a thousand that ends up in trouble and all alone, ya know?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #75
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
Is this a trip someone could make on stock suspension?
yah, we have had a couple stock suspension guys on this run...

tires help though...

stock street tires would have a challenge in the soft silt and through the soggy washes...
Old 09-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #76

I would hate to have to do it solo but if the only option is solo I will give it a go. But be prepared.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #78
how hard can it be?

Better bring a sleeping bag and some food if you're planning on hitting all of those. not sure when I'll be able to do another run, but definitely going at some point this fall.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #79
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Better bring a sleeping bag and some food if you're planning on hitting all of those. not sure when I'll be able to do another run, but definitely going at some point this fall.

Which route did you take?
Old 09-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #80
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBCa View Post
Which route did you take?
I went on the north side of the 15 along power line road. I was by myself though and it was my first time in the area so didn't feel like getting too adventurous. Next time if more people go, I'd like to do a little more exploring