Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Barstow to Vegas

Old 09-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #81
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
I went on the north side of the 15 along power line road. I was by myself though and it was my first time in the area so didn't feel like getting too adventurous. Next time if more people go, I'd like to do a little more exploring
you should roll with our group... it's typically a 5 to 10 truck group here on TW...

if you can, try to make the 9/20 run... myself and a couple others have to sit this one out so there should be room under the permit...
Old 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #82
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
you should roll with our group... it's typically a 5 to 10 truck group here on TW...

if you can, try to make the 9/20 run... myself and a couple others have to sit this one out so there should be room under the permit...
The problem with that run is you guys take 3 days and never actually make it to Vegas. Next time I go I want to spend most of the day on the trail and at least a full day and night in vegas
Old 10-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #83
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
So anyone have plans to do this first week in Nov? I will be heading over from Tucson staying the night in Barstow and hitting the trail early to take my time up to Primm.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #84
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a groupon for Hard Rock hotel:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-h...=getaways_deal

Perfect excuse to go!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #85
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
So anyone have plans to do this first week in Nov? I will be heading over from Tucson staying the night in Barstow and hitting the trail early to take my time up to Primm.
was just talking to some friends about planning a trip. the current game plan is the second weekend in november. either a night run friday night or head out saturday morning.

should know later this week exactly if and when we're going and try to get a group together to hit the trails along the way
Old 10-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #86
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks like I may be solo. I plan to hit the road in the middle of the week. Is the trail easy to follow? Any chance to get lost?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #87
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Looks like I may be solo. I plan to hit the road in the middle of the week. Is the trail easy to follow? Any chance to get lost?
Looking like I'm not going that weekend anymore. But, the trail is very easy to follow. Exit in Yermo and follow the power lines until you pop out at state line. Look at some satellite images on google before heading out. I went solo the last time, which was my first time and after studying the maps had no problem finding my way through.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #88
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking to go sometime in November, but want to stop along the trail to pick up some geocaches.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBCa View Post
I am looking to go sometime in November, but want to stop along the trail to pick up some geocaches.
I will be in Barstow tomorrow and on the train Wed...
Old 11-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #90

Well rolled it solo on Wednesday. I think this road would be a freaking blast in a long travel or preruuner truck. Mid travel is fun but you could defiantly haul ass in a big travel truck. Some of the sand sections caught me by surprise, and I was happy to be able to shift to 4 high on the fly. Lots of soft silt and sand beds.

Over all good time. Had to remind my self I was 50 miles from help and 500+ miles from home so needed to reel it in at times.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #91
surfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Lee
surfnmoto2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well rolled it solo on Wednesday. I think this road would be a freaking blast in a long travel or preruuner truck. Mid travel is fun but you could defiantly haul ass in a big travel truck. Some of the sand sections caught me by surprise, and I was happy to be able to shift to 4 high on the fly. Lots of soft silt and sand beds.

Over all good time. Had to remind my self I was 50 miles from help and 500+ miles from home so needed to reel it in at times.

^^ Nice pics ! That last pic is awesome. Looks like a fun ride, was it windy? Just about every time I'm on the 15 North of Barstow it's been windy .

What light set-up do you have in the grill?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #92
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
awesome!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #93
how hard can it be?

Quote:

Glad ya had fun. Yeah, I had to keep reminding myself to slow it down as well as I caught myself cruising between 75-85 a few times, having to lock up the brakes to avoid plowing through a good size hole.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
Glad ya had fun. Yeah, I had to keep reminding myself to slow it down as well as I caught myself cruising between 75-85 a few times, having to lock up the brakes to avoid plowing through a good size hole.
haha, yeah there where some that would end a truck. I wish I live closer so I could do this trail again.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmoto2 View Post
^^ Nice pics ! That last pic is awesome. Looks like a fun ride, was it windy? Just about every time I'm on the 15 North of Barstow it's been windy .

What light set-up do you have in the grill?
Little late on the replay but heres the install

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...l-opening.html
Old 05-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #96
how hard can it be?

Been a while, but have some tentative plans for a night run June 6 and returning on the 8th. Gonna be meeting my dad out there anyways and figure why not take the fun route. Would be leaving Friday after work and wanna meet/ leave Barstow around 9pm getting us into Vegas a little after midnight. Let me know if anyone is interested in tagging along.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #97
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Im in vegas for the rest of this year, Hit me up when you're out here! We can go do some trailing in Jean.