1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adjustable Tire Deflator Kit

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by SCSPerformance, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Apr 25, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    I would go with the orange package 6-30 PSI

2. Jun 28, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    uncleART

uncleART Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCLB Sport
    3" Toytec ULK 285/75-16 BFG KO2 Verge FN Wheels DeBadged, Toyota Bedmat, Window tint 30%, DeFlapped the front, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec coil overs, Dakar leafs, LR UCAs, SwayBar relocate, TRD Offroad tow hook, RotoPax, DeFlapped the rear, Tailgate mod, CBI receiver shackle w/ Bolt Hitch Pin, BFG KO2 285/75-16, FNWheels Verge, Weathertech Floor Liners, Spare tire mod, UWS toolbox with Bolt Latch Retrofit, Rear Diff vent relocated, Blacked-out grill emblem, Toolbox Bedrail mod, Trailer Plug relocated, ECGS bushing, Redline Hood Struts, Leer 100XR, C4 Fabrication Lo-Pro Bumper, Relentless Fab Frame Reinforcements, Warn 9.5XP-S Winch, Baja Designs S8 20" Lighbar, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery Tray, Odessey 35-PC1400 Batteries, BlueSea ML-ACR
    I use the ARB EZ deflator. It works well and is fast. BUT I wonder how fast it really is overall. Only 1 wheel at a time and a little setup per wheel. I'm thinking of getting a set of Stauns; these sound more convenient.

Then I air up with a ARB portable - very fast. Less than a minute per tire. I use the ARB inflator - very convenient.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Portable-High-Performance-12-Volt-Air-Compressor-CKMP12-P3573C9.aspx
    http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-TIRE-INFLATOR-WITH-GAUGE-ARB605US-P21342C9.aspx

3. Jun 28, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    That EZ deflator is super fast! I have some of the thread on ones and I'd bet you could deflate all 4 tires faster with the EZ deflator doing them one at a time then I can doing all 4 at once! I was surprised by it when I got to use one once. The only downside is that you wear out the seals in the valve core every time your remove them so it is a good idea to carry spare valve cores on you.

What do you deflate your tires to and then reinflate them to? I have the same compressor (only mounted instead of portable) and it takes me like 4-5 minutes per tire. I take my 33's from 15-20 psi offroad to 42 psi on-road.

4. Jun 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    uncleART

uncleART Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCLB Sport
    3" Toytec ULK 285/75-16 BFG KO2 Verge FN Wheels DeBadged, Toyota Bedmat, Window tint 30%, DeFlapped the front, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec coil overs, Dakar leafs, LR UCAs, SwayBar relocate, TRD Offroad tow hook, RotoPax, DeFlapped the rear, Tailgate mod, CBI receiver shackle w/ Bolt Hitch Pin, BFG KO2 285/75-16, FNWheels Verge, Weathertech Floor Liners, Spare tire mod, UWS toolbox with Bolt Latch Retrofit, Rear Diff vent relocated, Blacked-out grill emblem, Toolbox Bedrail mod, Trailer Plug relocated, ECGS bushing, Redline Hood Struts, Leer 100XR, C4 Fabrication Lo-Pro Bumper, Relentless Fab Frame Reinforcements, Warn 9.5XP-S Winch, Baja Designs S8 20" Lighbar, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery Tray, Odessey 35-PC1400 Batteries, BlueSea ML-ACR
    That's good to know about the seals. I do have some spares in my tire plug kit.

I have a dclb - I run 32 in front & 28-30 in rear. (I still need to do my chalk test. There's people with Duratracs that run 32/24 based on a chalk test)

The last few times I aired down for comfort on rocky roads was around 20 front & 18 rear. I played with different pressures. That's what's nice about the ARB deflator.

5. Jun 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Since it wasn't answered...

TPMS are a plastic piece that goes inside with a metal shaft. There's an outer metal shaft as well, so it's a bit thicker than standard, but if you are going to hit it, you will still shear it. I've done it before on the Naches Trail, you just have to get that special rock.

6. Jun 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    I have a set of Trail Head deflators. They work well, but as with any deflator like that the tire needs a certain pressure to start them.

Products Discussed in

To Top