LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Adjustable Tire Deflator Kit

Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Adjustable Tire Deflator Kit

Does anyone have any personal experience with these type of adjustable tire deflator? I'm looking for something to make airing down a little quicker. I've seen some deflators that takes literally 10mins to air down each tire on their own.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the little cheep red ones it takes about 5min or less to air mine down but they don't stop you have to remove them.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-E-Z-Defl...-P3602C17.aspx
Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Ive got the little cheep red ones it takes about 5min or less to air mine down but they don't stop you have to remove them.
I want to be able to air down in 2-3min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
How long does it usually take per tire?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post

How long does it usually take per tire?
Less than a minute probably, its very easy and quick. i recommend it
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Less than a minute probably, its very easy and quick. i recommend it
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
The arb is badass it actually removes the valve stem to let air out real quick
Sweet, just what I was looking for. Thanks guys.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like those staun types. ARB or Currie ez-deflator works the best that I've seen.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I don't like those staun types. ARB or Currie ez-deflator works the best that I've seen.
Good to hear, thanks. I'm going to pick one up.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post

Thats not a per tire thats for all 4 your not going to get much faster the 4 min. even with the arb you have to do one at a time so it takes about the same time as my 6.00 dollar ones thats air down all 4 at once. I wheel with guys that have the arb and it wasn't faster.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked at Oasis Tire Deflators?

http://www.oasismfg.com/

http://aircompressors.oasismfg.com/v...ors?&forward=1

We still have a set that we've used on the Jeep.

Ours are RED and you can adjust between 5-20lbs. They're easy...just screw them on (all 4 of them) and you can drive while they're deflating. The only hiccup - if I remember correctly, if your tire deflators are set to 15lbs.... the pressure in the tires needs to be 30lbs+ for them to work. The initial air pressure of the tires triggers a valve inside and opens them up to start deflating.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
2scars will become famous soon enough
Navy: AMH2
Name: Brandon
2scars's Tacoma Gallery
Oasis

The Oasis Trailheads are the ones I have used for several years, they are a little bit of a pain to initailly setup, but once they are done, they're done. They don't take long to deflate to a preset pressure, and you aren't sitting there with your gauge holding the valve down, f@*k that.

Brandon
Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #14
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
You don't hold anything down with the ARB. The real key is knowing how long to wait as you only can use the pressure gauge when it is NOT deflating. So if you want to run say from 30 to 15 psi you need to count x seconds. If you stop 10 times to check pressure each tire it takes longer. After your first use you will only check pressure for small adjustments once or twice. It is very fast AND very precise. I am super impatient and do not want anything faster. Now inflating.... that is slow and tedious without CO2.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Have you looked at Oasis Tire Deflators?

http://www.oasismfg.com/

http://aircompressors.oasismfg.com/v...ors?&forward=1

We still have a set that we've used on the Jeep.

Ours are RED and you can adjust between 5-20lbs. They're easy...just screw them on (all 4 of them) and you can drive while they're deflating. The only hiccup - if I remember correctly, if your tire deflators are set to 15lbs.... the pressure in the tires needs to be 30lbs+ for them to work. The initial air pressure of the tires triggers a valve inside and opens them up to start deflating.
I have these and i am happy with them. I used a wheel barrel tire to make the initial adjustment to set them all at 18 psi. Ever since I set them at 18 they work perfectly. Just screw one into each wheel and they shut off in a few minutes.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
You don't hold anything down with the ARB. The real key is knowing how long to wait as you only can use the pressure gauge when it is NOT deflating. So if you want to run say from 30 to 15 psi you need to count x seconds. If you stop 10 times to check pressure each tire it takes longer. After your first use you will only check pressure for small adjustments once or twice. It is very fast AND very precise. I am super impatient and do not want anything faster. Now inflating.... that is slow and tedious without CO2.
Power Tank FTW
Old 03-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
Stealth Custom Series™

Thank you for all the info guys. I decided to go with the ARB kit. I like the fact that there's an accurate pressure gauge to go off of.

The real $taun brand deflator seem to work well from what I've researched and I like that you can basically screw all 4 in then sit back and wait. Even though it only needs to be set one time, I know I would still check it with a tire pressure gauge just to be sure.

The cheaper copycat staun type deflator all seem to have an issue with leaking even though it's set. This makes it unreliable and time consuming imo.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 03-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #20
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Staun deflators. Split a set of 4 so only paid $40 for 2. Takes less than 5 minutes to do all the tires.