Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Cleveland To Moab - Easter Jeep Safari in a 2nd Gen.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Cleveland To Moab - Easter Jeep Safari in a 2nd Gen.

I didn't really have anything going on, so I decided to go down to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari and hit some trails while I was there. My truck is stock so I'm there more for the great scenery than for any crazy wheeling. But the trails were challenging anyways and I still managed to tear some stuff out of the bottom of the truck so all-in-all it was a great time.

The drive from Ohio through Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, and the first half of Colorado was pretty much the same scenery. So here's one pic to represent them all:

It got real beautiful through the Rockies though:

They had some nice tunnels:

Here are some Jeeps. There were lots of Jeeps. Jeeps Jeeps Jeeps! I never want to see another Jeep ever again.

I didn't know Jeep made a pickup truck, but here it is!

How good are YOUR tie downs?

And finally some trail pics. That's my truck in the foreground:

There were some water crossings but the winter has been dry in Moab so the water was not deep.

Oh and I almost forgot, here is some video for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PqGH...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Wow looks awesome man
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for sharing! Awesome pics, looks like good times!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
You go solo?

I love trips like that. I've gone from Houston, Texas to Fruita, Colorado for a bike festival one weekend, so i can relate to saying "screw it! I'm driving across the country for fun!".
Old 03-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
You go solo?

I love trips like that. I've gone from Houston, Texas to Fruita, Colorado for a bike festival one weekend, so i can relate to saying "screw it! I'm driving across the country for fun!".
Yes, solo. I could have taken the missus along but this isnt her kind of thing and its nice to only have to worry about your own agenda and not what someone else wants to see/do.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
You go solo?

Hah.. I kinda did the same thing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
Yes, solo. I could have taken the missus along but this isnt her kind of thing and its nice to only have to worry about your own agenda and not what someone else wants to see/do.
Idk, I don't like wheeling alone lol, I'm scurred.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
hkbeliever will become famous soon enoughhkbeliever will become famous soon enough
hkbeliever's Tacoma Gallery
white rim?

Did you run the white rim trail? Or was that river pic near mineral bottom?
Old 04-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
mannnnn i would kill to go to moab for a weekend but i live in bumfuck georgia 950805380 miles away
Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
AMSOIL guru
motorcop75 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: motorcycle officer
Name: Steve
motorcop75's Tacoma Gallery
Rick, I did the drive last year from Philadelphia. Took 2 1/2 days but what a week!!! Well worth it. 2086 miles each way!!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #11
88nitro305 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
88nitro305's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you man! I was all for it and was thinking to myself I would love to do that. Then you look down the cliffs and I said uhh F**K THAT!