Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

mounting a custom built brush gard on 2013 taco

Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
davesmith1 is on a distinguished road
Name: smitty
davesmith1's Tacoma Gallery
Question mounting a custom built brush gard on 2013 taco

I hunt at nite and look for tracks in two track sand trails and want to mount 2 each fog lights and driving lights on a custom built brush gard that i am going to make. I've looked at all the ready made bully bars but consider them all too frail for the front of my truck. I intend to build my own out of a combo of rectangular & square tubing. I intend to leave the original factory plastic bumper on & come out ahead of it by coming up from underneath.My question is does any body have any suggestion about how to make the mount hookup to the frame? Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to tw!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the AVID light bar. They are amazingly well built and much stronger than the bull bars...

Worst case, check them out and see how they mount. Very simple...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/avi...light-bar.html

Old 03-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Better set up your suspension first cause what you want to do will be too heavy for a stock setup