Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Any rope experts out there ?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Any rope experts out there ?

Wasn't sure what section of the site was best for this

I'm going to purchase a set of rigging blocks and rope , I am hoping to be able to get a really good general purpose rope that will work for rigging and yarding of firewood logs and general rope work

I am leaning towards this double braid , composite bull rope , this is essentially where my budget is , but I am certainly open to suggestions

http://m.westechrigging.com/rope-husky-058.html

Thanks in advance
Old 04-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Easy Does It
Whitehall is on a distinguished road

Whitehall's Tacoma Gallery
You might check a climbing shop for PMI EZ Bend or Blue Water static lines. Can be bought in standard lengths, or off a spool by the foot. These types of static lines have tight outer sheaths to keep dirt out of the core and help ensure integrity. They are designed for minimal stretch, wet or dry conditions.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehall View Post
You might check a climbing shop for PMI EZ Bend or Blue Water static lines. Can be bought in standard lengths, or off a spool by the foot. These types of static lines have tight outer sheaths to keep dirt out of the core and help ensure integrity. They are designed for minimal stretch, wet or dry conditions.
Will do , thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #4

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehall View Post
The Blue Water static line seems a little low on breaking strength , I should have stated I want a higher breaking strength for yarding

The PMI EZ bend is almost at the BS of the Husky line in my link , a little bit more expensive too

Both look like great products though , thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
That Husky line looks like good stuff for what you're planning. I don't know if your'e familiar with splicing double-braid line, but it's very simple to learn. Here's a good link to instructions. I've used a ton of Samson products over the years and they've always been top-notch. Wherever you buy your line from should be able to set you up with a splicing fid and pusher too.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
That Husky line looks like good stuff for what you're planning. I don't know if your'e familiar with splicing double-braid line, but it's very simple to learn. Here's a good link to instructions. I've used a ton of Samson products over the years and they've always been top-notch. Wherever you buy your line from should be able to set you up with a splicing fid and pusher too.
Thanks for the link , I'll check it out
Old 04-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan07 View Post
This is one way to go, but probably more than you want to spend...
http://www.cmcrescue.com/Rope-Web-C3.aspx
Same price as the stuff in my link for the Static line

Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan07 View Post
Yeah that's some nice rope, can't go wrong with 18,000 lbs breaking straight. Don't know what hardware your going to use, but here are some ideas.
http://youtu.be/BEX0MlpIA6I
I'm getting these rigging blocks

http://m.westechrigging.com/block-im...gle-pin-6.html
Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
What ?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nothing, just that you actually made a thread for it
I want to get some more info before I spend $500
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thought you were an expert though...everyone that lives in the PNW is a rope and rigging expert.
I'm getting there , thanks for asking
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just giving you shit
Oh , I know

No worries