Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Top Gear Route CA. to Vegas Route?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
2wheelnut is on a distinguished road

Name: Angelo
2wheelnut's Tacoma Gallery
Top Gear Route CA. to Vegas Route?

Does anyone know the exact route either show (US or British) took? I've searched everywhere and best I could find was that the starting point was Ballarat CA. for the US Top Gear...

All I saw was some rock, then trail then dunes...

If someone has took it please let me know. I'm planning on heading out that way. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I havent seen the episodes, but Powerline road is popular. And there are several trails do-able closer to the highway as well but not as clean as powerline.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #3

Just looked it up, seems like that's not the one. Top Gear US mentions about 400 miles of nothing but off road.

May just need to get the flu for a week and get lost out there
Old 04-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I can almost guarantee the show was filmed at several locations in Ca, Az and Nv most of which were not between Vegas and SoCal.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
If they staretd in Ballarat, they probably went thru Beatty, NV after passing thru Death Valley? Just a guess tho. From Beatty to Vegas I'm sure theres a whole lot of trails to choose from, I just dont personally know them.

IIRC power line road and most of the other common off road routs from So Cal to Vegas are on the east side of the 15.

BJ Baldwin's rout in Recoil looked like fun, but I dont think I could keep up with that...
Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
The east side of the 15 is all Mojave National Preserve territory, I believe powerline road is a few miles west of the 15... Could be wrong but i've been thru the mojave a bunch of times and almost certain its on the west side.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
They definitely climbed up out of Panamint Valley from Ballarat. Most trails end up entering Death Valley National Park, but I don't recall a descending route eastward. We looped back west and back down to Ballarat.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
The east side of the 15 is all Mojave National Preserve territory, I believe powerline road is a few miles west of the 15... Could be wrong but i've been thru the mojave a bunch of times and almost certain its on the west side.
I'm sure you're right. I've never done powerline road, I just assumed it was on the east side. I've spent some time in the Mojave National Preserve and in Death Valley, just not much in between.

Either way, if someone ever figures out this 400 mile journey, I'm interested in it for sure!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
They definitely climbed up out of Panamint Valley from Ballarat. Most trails end up entering Death Valley National Park, but I don't recall a descending route eastward. We looped back west and back down to Ballarat.
Looks like they ended up in dunes at that point? Not sure, but am gearing up for this for summer...