Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

How to be a lousy spotter...

Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #41
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
That's a derp if I ever saw one!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #43
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I get the concept of the spotter and she was obviouly terrible , and admittedly , I'm no rock crawler , but the driver had to know he was in trouble when she kept sending him sideways on that kind of incline

Is there a protocol for telling the spotter to fuck off if you're the driver ?

Of course in hindsight its easy for us to judge, but I blame the spotter 100% b/c the driver is following instructions and doing what hes told. Of course he could have said, "nuh lady.." but he didn't know any better and was extending trust to learn to rock crawl..
Old 04-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #44
GrandMasterChooch is on a distinguished road

GrandMasterChooch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Wow, that went from a nice new jeep to a beater heap in seconds. Now it's a true trail mudder. Impressive it started right up. Did he bust out the front windshield and driver er home?

It's a "heap" thing. I do undstand.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
You thought correctly. She had NO clue, yet the whole time she speaks with such authority, that's why it makes me so angry. Not to mention that fact that no one intervened, not a single on of those stupid shits. Someone should have come forward and said hey let's take a look at this and then at least if your proceed against my advice I've done everything I can to prevent you from flopping.

"it's gonna slide" yeah it's gonna slide and flip the fuck over.

"I thought" you thought wrong bitch!

"it's not your fault" no, it's definitely your fault, and the dumb fuck driver
Sadly, I am one of those people that find amusement in watching these mishaps. As long as no one is injured its all fun. These people who wreck their toys either have money to burn, shit for brains or both. I would never risk abusing a new vehicle of mine like this for recreational fun. To each their own.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #46
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Someone says around the 45 second mark "he's gonna slide or he's gonna flip" and she says "I know" WTF!. Andddddd once he rolls, everyone just stands there like sheep.??
Old 04-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #47
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
im seeing a pattern here........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyIDNn73H4U
Old 04-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #48
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
im seeing a pattern here........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyIDNn73H4U
*sigh* Medi-vacs are no fun. And they usually cause the person to file medical bankruptcy
Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #49
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
never let a woman drive your vehicle.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #50
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
never let a woman drive your vehicle.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #51
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Oldie but goodie... regardless of having a good spotter or not..not knowing your vehicles threshold as far as getting ready to flop is on the driver and on no one else, that driver ovviously did not know his.There are very few I trust 100% when it comes to spotting on the trail
Old 04-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #52
Mega Member

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Oldie but goodie... regardless of having a good spotter or not..not knowing your vehicles threshold as far as getting ready to flop is on the driver and on no one else, that driver ovviously did not know his.There are very few I trust 100% when it comes to spotting on the trail

very true!

just like this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZKShqlmsHY
Old 04-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #53
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
very true!

just like this guy.

Lol..we had an hour long bash fest on that guy at work a few months ago when I showed my coworkers that video..unfortunately I have been on the trail with people like that...hilarious and frustrating all at the same time
Old 04-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #54

Quote:
very true!

just like this guy.

Ohhh, No seat belt, that could have ended with grave results.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #55
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
very true!

just like this guy.

Wow
Old 04-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #56
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This ^
Old 04-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #57
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
Another example of jeep spotters trying to conjure up a witch potion while spotting.

Reminds me of the pinyon mountain video from a couple years ago.

You mean this one ?? All time worst spotter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IDNn73H4U#t=0s
Old 04-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #59
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Exactly... actually there is NO ONE I trust with 100% until they've proven themselves..

I've had drivers shake off my directions before & thats fine, I make them understand that they're on their own, I excuse myself & become a spectator
Old 04-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #60
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
You mean this one ?? All time worst spotter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IDNn73H4U#t=0s
Wow... that's a bad one