Notices

Calling all tacoma owners in texas!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Motokid817
Motokid817 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shelby Pierson
Motokid817's Tacoma Gallery
Calling all tacoma owners in texas!

What are the best places to go wheelin down in the great state of texas?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
pjenkins is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
pjenkins's Tacoma Gallery
I was just wondering the same! I'm in SA and would like to find somewhere close by. I used to wheel at Devil's Den but after a few friends got $300+ tickets I stopped going... Any suggestions for the SA/South Texas region please let me know...
Old 04-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Hidden Falls is in Marble Falls just north of SA. Longs ranch is also a possibility but I think it is only open a few weekends a year.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Motokid817

Is hidden falls a pretty fun area??
Old 04-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to know this too.. i'm in the Austin area and would love some open land to go 4 wheeling in and camping.. hopefully an area that is not too populated
Old 04-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motokid817 View Post
Is hidden falls a pretty fun area??
It's a really good park. Plenty of camping and trails for every level of rig.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Motokid817

Talking

well awesome then ill be going for sure! thanks for the info man!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #8

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well awesome then ill be going for sure! thanks for the info man!
I would highly recommend to have at least sliders on your rig, and a locker would help as well.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
Motokid817

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I would highly recommend to have at least sliders on your rig, and a locker would help as well.
As we speak I am in the process of building some. I have just the stock e-locker in the rear and and soon ill be going to air lockers in the front and rear! Can't wait!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
There is a trail at Hidden Falls called Toyota. Do NOT take this trail if you care about your paint in the least. Stick to level 2-3 trails if you have no armor.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
Baybrook Mall
Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #12
Motokid817

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
There is a trail at Hidden Falls called Toyota. Do NOT take this trail if you care about your paint in the least. Stick to level 2-3 trails if you have no armor.
Awesome man thanks for the tip!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #13
Motokid817

Quote:
Originally Posted by detnight View Post
Baybrook Mall
Where is Baybrook Mall??
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #14
RacecarGuy is on a distinguished road
RacecarGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where is Baybrook Mall??
It's the large shopping mall on I-45 south, just south of Houston.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
Motokid817

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacecarGuy View Post
It's the large shopping mall on I-45 south, just south of Houston.
Haha they have some wheeling at the mall!! Really??
Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
Just going with the Mall Crawler theme. I try to keep to fire roads(dry ones)
Old 07-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #17
krause is on a distinguished road

Navy: Petty Officer 3rd class
Name: Matt
krause's Tacoma Gallery
If you're careful, the Nuecess River and Dry Frio down around Uvalde have some good spots. I say "careful" because of the laws on motor vehicles on the river beds. I've been in VA for a while now, and I don't think they've lifted those laws. A friend of mine in high school got his H2 stuck on the Dry Frio and had to get a bulldozer to get him out. Sustained some hefty fines for it. But he didn't know what he was doing, so that didn't help.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #18
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Hidden Falls is in Marble Falls just north of SA. Longs ranch is also a possibility but I think it is only open a few weekends a year.
+1000000

200 miles of trails has nice dirt bike and atv areas as well. It's pretty peaceful and usually not that packed. You can also rent atvs and shit.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Prerunner OR capable on easy level 2-3 trails? With sliders?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #20
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are the best places to go wheelin down in the great state of texas?
What part of texas op? Can make a huge difference in where we recommend some of the best spots I have on my last are close to 10 hrs away for me lol