Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Scepter MFC Jerry Can owners , I have a question for you

Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #41
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
I had same issue oz, pisses gas everywhere. What i did was take it off put some gas on the rubber gasket and tightend back up... Like an oil filter if i may fixed it and not another drop
Wut

You mean the small inner O ring inside the filler nozzle ?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #42
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
As a side note , any of you guys use these Rocking K wrenches for the Scepter cans ?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewit...d=330782616597
Old 04-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #43
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Wut

You mean the small inner O ring inside the filler nozzle ?
yup what i mean it seems like its comming from vent but its actually pinching oring..

that wrench is awsome, im gonna get one now
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #44

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yup what i mean it seems like its comming from vent but its actually pinching oring..

that wrench is awsome, im gonna get one now
Interesting

I'll give that a try too
Old 04-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #45
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Interesting

I'll give that a try too
pissed me off as i was pissing gas everywhere and it was the first time i used it, that seemed to work for me.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #46

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
pissed me off as i was pissing gas everywhere and it was the first time i used it, that seemed to work for me.
You have the Scepter 3/4" nozzle ?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #47
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The problem isn't that the nozzle isn't sealing properly , there is fuel dribbling out of the breather hole while I pour
are you overfilling it ?
5 US gal./20L max.

I found that overfilling can cause the
anti-siphon to spit a few dribbles.

I no longer exceed the listed capacity.

I really like how fast the flow rate is with my hi-flow spout (3/4" /unleaded).
Drains the MFC quicker the then any other fuel can I've used...
maybe a hair over a minute per 5gal ?

I know the larger 1" HF diesel nozzle has a higher flow rate...
but the larger dia. nozzle don't fit into most unleaded vehicle fuel fill ports.

it often can work for older vehicles ..
but most modern vehicles use the smaller unleaded fill ports.

^ possibly only in the US market... :dunno:
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #49

Quote:
You have the Scepter 3/4" nozzle ?

Big black cap with poly 3/4 hose...yup
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 AM   #50
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
are you overfilling it ?
5 US gal./20L max.

I found that overfilling can cause the
anti-siphon to spit a few dribbles.

I no longer exceed the listed capacity.

I really like how fast the flow rate is with my hi-flow spout (3/4" /unleaded).
Drains the MFC quicker the then any other fuel can I've used...
maybe a hair over a minute per 5gal ?

I know the larger 1" HF diesel nozzle has a higher flow rate...
but the larger dia. nozzle don't fit into most unleaded vehicle fuel fill ports.

it often can work for older vehicles ..
but most modern vehicles use the smaller unleaded fill ports.

^ possibly only in the US market... :dunno:
Also in Canada. They do this now so people don't accidentally fill their gasoline cars with diesel fuel.

I've never used one of those wrenches. Also just hand tight + a little bit. If I have trouble opening it, a trusty ball peen hammer works perfectly. Also, I don't think I've ever filled it right up to 20L. Fill until it reaches the bottom of the neck, which is usually just over 19L. But I used to fill 100s of them at a time on a camp. So getting it perfectly to 20L wasn't a priority.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #51
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
You're welcome.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ate-spout.html
Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #52

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
It's not leaking from the spout

and I posted in that thread
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #53
Plannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Plannerman99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kigi View Post
Picked up one of these to use with the scepter can...
http://www.leevalley.com/EN/home/PrintPage.aspx?p=10361
x2

These work very, very well.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #54

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the 1 1/8" Scepter spout , we'll see how that goes
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #55

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just ordered the 1 1/8" Scepter spout , we'll see how that goes
It arrived today

We'll try this out

Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #56
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I need to update that... found the oil filter o-rings fit perfectly on the threads. One of mine dribbled out of the threads and it stopped it The hose on my spout lets the gas flow fast enough. Costs like all of $10 to make
Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #57

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
I need to update that... found the oil filter o-rings fit perfectly on the threads. One of mine dribbled out of the threads and it stopped it The hose on my spout lets the gas flow fast enough. Costs like all of $10 to make
The hose on your spout is the same size as the Scepter spout hose

That's what is confusing to me

Do you keep your jerry can in the truck ? I was wondering if it's not just because the gas is sloshing around while the tank is in the back of my truck and that is how it gets into the breather tube
Old 05-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #58
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
OZ-T, where did you order your spout from?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #59

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OZ-T, where did you order your spout from?
http://www.dstactical.com/product_in...products_id=60
Old 05-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #60
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The hose on your spout is the same size as the Scepter spout hose

That's what is confusing to me

Do you keep your jerry can in the truck ? I was wondering if it's not just because the gas is sloshing around while the tank is in the back of my truck and that is how it gets into the breather tube
My can lives in the truck. No issues w/ the breather hole