Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Scepter MFC Jerry Can owners , I have a question for you

Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #61
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
My can lives in the truck. No issues w/ the breather hole
Huh , interesting

I have 2 cans , I'm gonna see if they both do it
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #62
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
20L on the button
I have the 5 gal. cans...
when I fill to 5 gallons... comes to about here...

curious... 'cause someone here stated filling to the cap's neck.

What level does your 20 L fill to, to hold 20L ?

picture of muh MFC's...

Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #63
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
I have the 5 gal. cans...
when I fill to 5 gallons... comes to about here...

curious... 'cause someone here stated filling to the cap's neck.

What level does your 20 L fill to, to hold 20L ?
5 US gallons is 19L , so basically the same height
Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #64

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
K , so I used the 1 1/8" spout today , no dribble from the breather hole
Old 05-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #65

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
I'm convinced your problem is the smaller horsecock. The can pours too fast for it to keep up, and it's just back flowing out the breather hole. But a larger diameter would make it more difficult to pour into small openings.
Yep
Old 05-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #66

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
another interesting thing I didn't discover till today is that on my 3/4" Scepter spout , there is actually some epoxy or glue contaminating the screen inside the spout , further constricing flow to maybe 2/3 of what it would normally be , I may just bash out the screen
Old 05-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #68

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
I'm glad the larger one worked for you Pete.
Me too , haha
Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #69
tweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud of
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
K , so I used the 1 1/8" spout today , no dribble from the breather hole
Know this is an old thread, but I am just about to order a spout for my Scepter. I just want to be clear about the 1 1/8 spout. It works fine even though it does not fit the gas filler hole? Are you holding the nozzle near the hole and it drains fast enough to avoid spillage?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #70

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeek View Post
Know this is an old thread, but I am just about to order a spout for my Scepter. I just want to be clear about the 1 1/8 spout. It works fine even though it does not fit the gas filler hole? Are you holding the nozzle near the hole and it drains fast enough to avoid spillage?

You can make it work , yes
Old 03-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #71
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
The US Army is moving to these new flexible plastic spouts as pictured in this thread:
http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/vie...=9024&start=15

I'll try to track down a manufacturer and NSN, but I fear they won't sell to the public in the US as they are not carb compliant.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #72
tweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud of
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
I'm still waiting for the first "Ne1 got any pics of Taco's with 20"s on em"
That's the 1 1/8" diesel spout already available is it not?

http://www.dstactical.com/product_in...products_id=60
Old 03-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #73

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
The US Army is moving to these new flexible plastic spouts as pictured in this thread:
http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/vie...=9024&start=15

I'll try to track down a manufacturer and NSN, but I fear they won't sell to the public in the US as they are not carb compliant.

Are you talking about the black plastic spout ?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #74
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Are you talking about the black plastic spout ?
Yes Sir. I know that they are also manufactured in a smaller size to accommodate refueling traditional gasoline vehicles, whereas the one pictured in the link was the wider nozzle for diesel.

I do have one of the wider diesel spouts and it does work well on my Taco.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #75

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Yes Sir. I know that they are also manufactured in a smaller size to accommodate refueling traditional gasoline vehicles, whereas the one pictured in the link was the wider nozzle for diesel.

I do have one of the wider diesel spouts and it does work well on my Taco.

You mean like this ?

http://www.sceptermilitary.com/fuel_...s_parts/04856/
Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #76

Quote:
The base is the same, the nozzle is made from the same black corrugated plastic as the diesel version.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #77
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Probably no help, but I have the Scepter brand pour spout like you just listed above. Never had an issue spilling. The only thing is a little bit of fuel hiding in the cap.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #79
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I saw that thread. If I ever end up destroying or losing my current nozzle I'll make that one instead.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #80

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I saw that thread. If I ever end up destroying or losing my current nozzle I'll make that one instead.

I made one at work just for fun , it was cheap and worked fine