Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Who all slings mud in their tacos?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #21
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
I love the snow you are wheeling in your sig i love wheeling in snow but dont get enough around here
Thanks man. That's me in the banner up there too ^^^

Best snow wheeling I've had yet.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #22
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I love mud but hate it!.
Im on the same boat, it gives me something to do, i usually end up mudding when some ford or chevy lover thinks his/ her rig is better so then i go and end up pulling them out with my pretty much stock toyota haha
Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #23
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Thanks man. That's me in the banner up there too ^^^

Best snow wheeling I've had yet.
So i would love to do that sometime, i was supposed to go up to Colorado with some friends and hit some trails that they found after it snowed but my friends in colorado had moved and everyone pretty much canceled
Old 05-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #24
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
its mud a mud thread, what are you doing in here if you dont like mud
telling you "fuk mud" x3

how many peeps have to clarify that to you

enjoy being 'dat schmuck in 'da muck
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #25
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
I drowned my alternator and my starter the time before last I went... I put a band-aid on the starter by cleaning the connections really well, but now it is acting up again. I made a pretty bad mistake of not testing the depth of the water before surging in. Never again.

Here's a pic. The dirtiest my engine bay has ever been by far.
Attached Thumbnails
Who all slings mud in their tacos?-img_2879.jpg   Who all slings mud in their tacos?-img_2891.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Went today Who all slings mud in their tacos?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368249454.656229.jpgWho all slings mud in their tacos?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368249467.822611.jpgWho all slings mud in their tacos?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368249489.057050.jpg
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #27
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I remember when I wanted to go mudding in my truck, I am so glad I never did! Don't get me wrong, it would be a blast, but its just too much to clean. Way too much.

I go mudding on my atv and have basically made a sinkhole in my woods, its a decent mudpit. There is still mud caked on my kawasaki in random places, I can't imagine it on my truck.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
I dont think I could go back to a single cab ever again, not enough room for anything and I just felt cramped in mine. Nice looking truck by the way, how do you like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
I drowned my alternator and my starter the time before last I went... I put a band-aid on the starter by cleaning the connections really well, but now it is acting up again. I made a pretty bad mistake of not testing the depth of the water before surging in. Never again.

Here's a pic. The dirtiest my engine bay has ever been by far.
glad thats all that happened, before my Tacoma I had a little pos ford ranger that I absolutely hated and I took it mudding one day not knowing how deep the puddle was just like in your case and water leaked in my tailpipe and flooded my engine killing the ford. I am fine with that though because that's how I got my Toyota Tacoma, smartest mistake I have ever made
Old 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #29
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I dont think I could go back to a single cab ever again, not enough room for anything and I just felt cramped in mine. Nice looking truck by the way, how do you like it?
I love it except for engine being underpowered. Thats my only complaint. It used to be lifted Who all slings mud in their tacos?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368279403.155380.jpg
But took it low once i got tired of struggling to go 75mph in 5th and 15-18highway mpg.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #30
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
glad thats all that happened, before my Tacoma I had a little pos ford ranger that I absolutely hated and I took it mudding one day not knowing how deep the puddle was just like in your case and water leaked in my tailpipe and flooded my engine killing the ford. I am fine with that though because that's how I got my Toyota Tacoma, smartest mistake I have ever made [/QUOTE]

Yeahhhhhh water got all in the carpet at the driver's seat...
Old 05-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #31

Quote:
I love it except for engine being underpowered. Thats my only complaint. It used to be lifted Attachment 211918
But took it low once i got tired of struggling to go 75mph in 5th and 15-18highway mpg.
love the look of your truck in that pic, mine lacks power too if I do anything to serious to the truck heck it's still a little sluggish now, really wish I could do something about it, I have a k&n cold air intake in mine to help it but not that much gain
Old 05-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #32
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Mud is fun until you get stuck.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #33

Quote:
I love it except for engine being underpowered. Thats my only complaint. It used to be lifted Attachment 211918

Reminds me of my cousins truck

Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #34
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
Ehhh i disagree. You arent having fun till someone gets stuck IMO. Thats when things get interesting lol
Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
glad thats all that happened, before my Tacoma I had a little pos ford ranger that I absolutely hated and I took it mudding one day not knowing how deep the puddle was just like in your case and water leaked in my tailpipe and flooded my engine killing the ford. I am fine with that though because that's how I got my Toyota Tacoma, smartest mistake I have ever made
Yeahhhhhh water got all in the carpet at the driver's seat...[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #36
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
love the look of your truck in that pic, mine lacks power too if I do anything to serious to the truck heck it's still a little sluggish now, really wish I could do something about it, I have a k&n cold air intake in mine to help it but not that much gain
Yep exactly why i went from 33x12.50 mud grapplers at 70lbs each to 255/60 street tires at like 20lbs each. Still slow but it definitely handles and rides 1004830103839x better.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #37
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

And F mud

Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

F mud

And F mud

looks one hell of a time! I like the mod you did to your skid plate in the last pic, can we have a write up? Haha your truck looks good in all that mud almost looks like you camo'd it
Old 05-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #39

Quote:
Yep exactly why i went from 33x12.50 mud grapplers at 70lbs each to 255/60 street tires at like 20lbs each. Still slow but it definitely handles and rides 1004830103839x better.
Who is your buddy in the ram? I have a friend who has one like it that just tears up the mud
Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #40
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeahhhhhh water got all in the carpet at the driver's seat...

I just found where you shared my post of getting stuck! I was about to post it in here and then saw it! I had to pull out the door panel, carpet, seats, everything and it still took 24 hours of straight drying to get everything dry. That clean up took hou...I mean days! & Fun, but way too much of a mess!

This one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
After making my way through a bunch of difficult trails I apparently started to feel confident. I decided I would try and go through a rutted out muddy area. Well that turned out to be a huge mistake. The front sank on me and within a couple minets I started taking on water. Here are some pictures and a video of me getting pulled out. Cleaning the truck out was a lot of work to say the least. I pulled out all of the interior and separated the carpet from the padding in order to get it properly dried out. The water stayed on the the drivers side only so it wasn't too bad. Everything is clean and good as new now, but my god was I terrified that I ruined my truck. My face at the beginning of the video is what I look like when I am terrified.

This was my first trip actually 4-Wheeling and I had a blast. I would have liked to avoid the water part, but sometimes s#!t happens. The truck did really well besides this.

http://youtu.be/2bwTebdreZY