Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Who all slings mud in their tacos?

Old 05-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #41
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
so my buddy calls me to rescue him. he had a 98 dakota with bald all seasons and got stuck in some deep shit. similar scenario to the video on the first page.

this stuff was crusty on top and SLOPPY underneath. he went through it once, sorta floating on top then on his way back just sank because he churned it up.

so i hook up on what i thought was solid ground

and i gave up lol

no more pictures of the recovery but we used a come along to pull the dakota out backwards, and called a friend with a super duty f350 to come pull me out. he couldnt even get to me because he was so damn heavy in the truck with skinny all seasons we ended up using the come along on him to get him to safety. finally my buddy in his dodge 2500 cummins came and popped me out.

And of course, when in rome (and you have someone to play tow truck)
i had a little fun of my own.

have not taken my 07 through anything id consider 'mudding' yet
Dont you love it when you ask for recovery and your recovery needs recovery haha. I want a truck like yours again, we had one for farm use only, bought it brand new with 1300 miles on it and last year it tripped a wire and sent the entire truck ablaze. I lost the pics i had of it after it burnt up, wsnt much left except the body and frame but i eventually want to buy another...
Old 05-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #43
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger View Post
Speaking of mud since this thread is on the topic, i just got home from going mudding and noticed after i washed my truck , on the way home it was vibrating pretty hard, all the mud is basically washed off, any ideas??
http://youtu.be/nYJEyToSRtE

Old 05-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #44
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Dont you love it when you ask for recovery and your recovery needs recovery haha. I want a truck like yours again, we had one for farm use only, bought it brand new with 1300 miles on it and last year it tripped a wire and sent the entire truck ablaze. I lost the pics i had of it after it burnt up, wsnt much left except the body and frame but i eventually want to buy another...
hah ya, i miss this thing. its not running and sitting in my parents yard. with the 33/13.5 swampers that 4banger could barely get up to 100km/hour. didnt regear anything.

havnt you seen the top gear for the yota hilux? its supposed to be able to run after a good fire. send yours back for warranty
Old 05-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #45
Bubbaknowz is a jewel in the roughBubbaknowz is a jewel in the roughBubbaknowz is a jewel in the rough

Name: Travis
Bubbaknowz's Tacoma Gallery
I just throw a little bit of everglade quicksand around.
This was a good day until my alternator took a shit
and I was to drunk to realize till like 11:00.
I had to be dragged back to
my buddies house by out of all things a jeep
Attached Thumbnails
Who all slings mud in their tacos?-bubba-pics-videos-204.jpg   Who all slings mud in their tacos?-bubba-pics-videos-200.jpg   Who all slings mud in their tacos?-bubba-pics-videos-202.jpg   Who all slings mud in their tacos?-bubba-pics-videos-203.jpg  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #47
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
hah ya, i miss this thing. its not running and sitting in my parents yard. with the 33/13.5 swampers that 4banger could barely get up to 100km/hour. didnt regear anything.

havnt you seen the top gear for the yota hilux? its supposed to be able to run after a good fire. send yours back for warranty
Haha ya that 4 banger sure is something haha we took my brothers 84 single cab skiing and it wouldnt even get up to 65! sure there was a little wing but still, but back to the farm truck if it still had a steering column wires and a place to sit i prob couldve drove it to town haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaknowz View Post
I just throw a little bit of everglade quicksand around.
This was a good day until my alternator took a shit
and I was to drunk to realize till like 11:00. I had to be dragged back to
my buddies house by out of all things a jeep
Nooo! Not a jeep! It should be the other way around ! Haha
Old 05-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #48
Hedley Lamarr is on a distinguished road
Name: Ernie
Hedley Lamarr's Tacoma Gallery
Mud is a lot of fun. It just tears stuff up and is harder to clean. With that being said, I just run in through the car wash afterwards. About once a week. =)
Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #49

Saw this in Manhattan today bet it would be awesome runnin in the mud

Old 05-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #50
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Saw this in Manhattan today bet it would be awesome runnin in the mud

Looks like something that will never actually see mud!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #51
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck mud

with my stance and chopped fenders and no flares i have no choice....

Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #52
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
nope, this is the muddiest it's been. Hate having mud fall in my eyes every time I work on the truck.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #53
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery

The float in the carburetor on our Honda was messed up and leaking (pouring) gas.. So I had to take my truck to the deer stand. Just on Timberline AT's but it did pretty good. Have to admit I did keep up the speed though. Mud is so fun but definitely not fun to clean up after.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #54
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
stuck while driving to my favorite fishing spot!
Attached Thumbnails
Who all slings mud in their tacos?-100_0163.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #55
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Got stuck
Attached Thumbnails
Who all slings mud in their tacos?-2013-03-02_01-10-04_64.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #56
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
I sling mud whenever possible, On dirt roads i aim for the puddles
Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
I sling mud whenever possible, On dirt roads i aim for the puddles

These kinda puddles?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
stuck while driving to my favorite fishing spot!
Dang! did ya at least catch some good fish to make up for it?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #59
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

These kinda puddles?
Damn right!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #60
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
Damn right!
I get scared to death going through those puddles, Engine lock up...Id be screwed.