Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Ordered my lift!!!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
LI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
LI Kevin's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my lift!!!

Just had to say it. Will be here next week. OME by the way. Can't wait
Old 05-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man! Congrats and post up some knowledge and photos once you get it installed.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats. What did you get?
Post some pics & info here > Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures
Old 05-16-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
LI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLI Kevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I ordered 885 coils because I will probably make a bumper but I don't think I'm gonna buy a winch. If I do. I'll just get the 886 later down the road. Also got the dakars. My leaf springs now have a negative arch. Lol. I'm pretty much lower then stock right now.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #5
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I've had negative arch since day one on my 12. Can't wait to get a real leaf pack on this truck. I went for a camping trip this past weekend and with my gear loaded it felt like I was driving a 97 Ford Explorer with original suspension. I'll bet you are pumped! Where'd you order from?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
I've had negative arch since day one on my 12. Can't wait to get a real leaf pack on this truck. I went for a camping trip this past weekend and with my gear loaded it felt like I was driving a 97 Ford Explorer with original suspension. I'll bet you are pumped! Where'd you order from?
If u have negative arch, complain to the dealer...........I see no reason that negative arch on a year old truck should excusable

Do u hit the bumpstops regularly on little stuff when loaded (within rating)?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:42 AM   #7
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I did complain to the dealer. They said the springs have been redesigned and the TSB does not include the 12's, nor will it. Plus I'm not looking to band-aid fix it either. From what I've read you're better off just getting a real pack. And I would like to lift it sooner than later.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:56 AM   #8
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did complain to the dealer. They said the springs have been redesigned and the TSB does not include the 12's, nor will it. Plus I'm not looking to band-aid fix it either. From what I've read you're better off just getting a real pack. And I would like to lift it sooner than later.
More bs excuses from toyota......if it was fixed, then all would come with 4 leafs. Just like the canadian trucks have been.

Since toyota is not willing to step up, I guess u do need a dakar or allpro pack..... toyota has done this crap before. They keep trying to refuse to see a problem, and then about 2yrs later they establish a tsb. Iirc the '10 owners went through some crap.

U being an offroad means u have 3, while the sports have 4....... wtf toyota?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
More bs excuses from toyota......if it was fixed, then all would come with 4 leafs. Just like the canadian trucks have been.

Since toyota is not willing to step up, I guess u do need a dakar or allpro pack..... toyota has done this crap before. They keep trying to refuse to see a problem, and then about 2yrs later they establish a tsb. Iirc the '10 owners went through some crap.

U being an offroad means u have 3, while the sports have 4....... wtf toyota?
I read on here somewhere(probably a ToyoUSA troll) that the reason they do a 3 pack on the Offroads is for better articulation off road. Which I get but c'mon Toyota this is a truck. I guess as they say, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I read on here somewhere(probably a ToyoUSA troll) that the reason they do a 3 pack on the Offroads is for better articulation off road. Which I get but c'mon Toyota this is a truck. I guess as they say, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
I've read that many times too.
I think its bs....

If they were worried about articulation, they would offer a swaybar disconnect. They are full of shit
Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #11
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
I ordered 885 coils because I will probably make a bumper but I don't think I'm gonna buy a winch. If I do. I'll just get the 886 later down the road. Also got the dakars. My leaf springs now have a negative arch. Lol. I'm pretty much lower then stock right now.

Post some pics & info here > Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures
Old 05-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #12

Quote:
If u have negative arch, complain to the dealer...........I see no reason that negative arch on a year old truck should excusable

Do u hit the bumpstops regularly on little stuff when loaded (within rating)?
I bounce off my bump stops daily. But my truck has an abused history from the previous owner.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #13

Quote:
I went with Toytec after calling several other places. I turned some down because their shipping prices were outrageous. I paid $80 shipping from Colorado? to Long Island NY. Other places wanted like $180.

Toytec also has very fast shipping times. I should be receiving my shipment sometime next week. I read some people waiting almost a month for their shipment. Guess Toytec keeps stock
Old 05-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #14

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Shame to hear u seemed to jump thru hoops for nothing, that's not what we are used to hearing here.

Long as ur happy with ur truck, that's what matters. Enjoy the ride!

Quote:
I went with Toytec after calling several other places. I turned some down because their shipping prices were outrageous. I paid $80 shipping from Colorado? to Long Island NY. Other places wanted like $180. I also turned down DownSouth Motorsports because I read one of their posts about discounts for TW members

Dated 1-9-13
"Quote:
Originally Posted by cshughes79
Are there any discounts on OldManEmu parts.

Discounts are on a case by case basis.
TW gets a discount, but orders must be placed by phone.
So long story short, you will need to phone in your order
to your discount.
Thanks,
Sonny"

So I called them and asked about OME discounts. I was informed to message them via TW and I would receive discount pricing, so I did. I was quoted the original price from their website and after asking about it was told "we offer member discounts on items we regularly stock or sell. Unfortunately this is an item we do not offer a discount on." So no discount from them after running circles. Turn off for me.

Toytec also has very fast shipping times. I should be receiving my shipment sometime next week. I read some people waiting almost a month for their shipment. Guess Toytec keeps stock
Old 05-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I went with Toytec after calling several other places. I turned some down because their shipping prices were outrageous. I paid $80 shipping from Colorado? to Long Island NY. Other places wanted like $180. I also turned down DownSouth Motorsports because I read one of their posts about discounts for TW members

Dated 1-9-13
"Quote:
Originally Posted by cshughes79
Are there any discounts on OldManEmu parts.

Discounts are on a case by case basis.
TW gets a discount, but orders must be placed by phone.
So long story short, you will need to phone in your order
to your discount.
Thanks,
Sonny"

So I called them and asked about OME discounts. I was informed to message them via TW and I would receive discount pricing, so I did. I was quoted the original price from their website and after asking about it was told "we offer member discounts on items we regularly stock or sell. Unfortunately this is an item we do not offer a discount on." So no discount from them after running circles. Turn off for me.

Good evening,
This is Sonny, I apologize for the run around on our part.
I hired a guy part time to help take care of the TW and it sounds like
someone at the shop made a bad judgement call when it comes to TW
pricing for the newbie. Just wanted to apologize for that and we will get the
kinks worked out shortly.
Thanks for your time.
Sonny
Old 05-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #16

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Good evening,
Thanks for your time.
Sonny
Always 2 or 3 sides to each story.

Shit happens..............
Old 05-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #17
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had the 3 leaf pack on my 2011, I had the truck for about 5 months before I went to the stealership and said I wanted the tsb 4 leaf pack. Of course they said we can't do that on a new truck. I said "is that so?" Pulled out my iPhone and pulled up the tsb service number and showed it to the guy helping me. He wrote down some numbers made one phone call and said that the parts would be in the next days and they could do the install that afternoon
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good evening,
Thanks for your time.
Sonny
Quote:

DSM has great customer service and the best price on OME considering the free shipping. I would take sonny's word on this. People have bad experiences with other vendors also, its hard to please everyone and mistakes happen
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Good evening,
Thanks for your time.
Sonny
Not bad mouthing the company but I was just ready to buy right there on the phone. Was upset I had to look again for a good deal. Just because you responded and clarified the situation, I have no hard feelings.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #20

Quote:

Agreed. I just didnt know the other side of the story. And yes SH*t happens.