Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Who else goes for a drive to get away from problems? Post pics!

Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameron
shutterbug's Tacoma Gallery
Who else goes for a drive to get away from problems? Post pics!

Just curious on how many other people go for a drive when family or work issues come up and need stress relieved? Also curious if that is when people break the most parts on their trucks due to driving faster or harder?

Hope to hear from others on what the problem was, pics on where they went to "get away" and if anything was broken.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I don't drive to get away from issues...that can put innocent persons in danger...you're focused on issues opposed to the road...I try to keep it bundled up until I get to the gym.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
You are asking what stuff people have broken on their truck after some kind of rage fit?
Old 05-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
I don't drive to get away from issues...that can put innocent persons in danger...you're focused on issues opposed to the road...I try to keep it bundled up until I get to the gym.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
You are asking what stuff people have broken on their truck after some kind of rage fit?
Not like in extreme aggression, more like the flight response instead of fight. I have never broke anything on my truck like that,I just go for trail drives so I might get scratches.

Here I'll start...

My uncle recently passed away and I've been trying to be around for my dad as much as I can but he keeps pushing the whole family away and he keeps having fits of anger and breaking stuff and instead of causing him more anger and having my mom cry even more, I just leave to go on drives to let him cool down and sometimes I take my mom so I can listen to her talk...

So I go for drives up local canyons like this
Attached Thumbnails
Who else goes for a drive to get away from problems? Post pics!-driving001.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
That's a nice pic...I can see the anger part on dealing with the passing of a loved one...I put my fist through a brand new ($700+) laptop screen....flipped a table...hit a wall...fridge...anything that was solid and could stop me was going to get hit....sorry to hear about ur family member...you ever get over it...just through it.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
This hits close to home. My uncle died summer 2011, dads twin brother. Dad didn't get angry or violent luckily, but he couldn't hide the loss. Then mom died Jan 2012. during those times he wanted to drive, to remember the good times, and to regroup. He felt he was next.

He was, he had cancer that the doc didn't catch, now I was driving to recollect too. Dad died last November, its only going to be as hard as I make it. Me and my sister make sure its good for all around us, not some lash out. Wish TW could be more like that at times.

Lucky for me it an on/off switch, I do well to not let emotions determine/ruin my day, life goes on, but the drives and just cruising the back roads, somehow they help.

Don't drive if you think emotions are too strong, hell I sat at work parking lot after dad died for an hour I think. The driving or destination seem to help get a good perspective.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Going hunting by myself really helps me clear my mind
Old 05-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
This hits close to home. My uncle died summer 2011, dads twin brother. Dad didn't get angry or violent luckily, but he couldn't hide the loss. Then mom died Jan 2012. during those times he wanted to drive, to remember the good times, and to regroup. He felt he was next.

He was, he had cancer that the doc didn't catch, now I was driving to recollect too. Dad died last November, its only going to be as hard as I make it. Me and my sister make sure its good for all around us, not some lash out. Wish TW could be more like that at times.

Lucky for me it an on/off switch, I do well to not let emotions determine/ruin my day, life goes on, but the drives and just cruising the back roads, somehow they help.

Don't drive if you think emotions are too strong, hell I sat at work parking lot after dad died for an hour I think. The driving or destination seem to help get a good perspective.
Sorry about your loss man... Yeah really similar too, my uncle ran into a rock face because he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's 2 years ago (which my grandmother suffered from for over 10years) and he was starting to suffer and he was the closest to my dads age in their big family. Now my dad thinks he might have ALS or lou gehrig's syndrome and has said he is like a ticking timebomb :/

Wasn't supposed to be my sob story, just can't talk to many other people I know, so brought it up here to talk to fellow members
Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That has to be rougher, the ALS.

I'd post pics but so much stuff I do up to recently was still medium format/landscape, would be tough to beat that photo you showed with the Tacoma.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #11

I just took that real quick tonight... film medium format or digital? I have done some 120 but not enough money or patience for me to be successful with it
Old 05-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #12
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely have done that. Drive to the lake, or back roads and chill out. Somewhere traffic is light or non existent. Stupid drivers stress me out even more. Lean the seat back, turn on some tunes and enjoy the drive. Seems I get so stressed during the day. Lifting after work helps, too.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #13
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
I go on drives as well. I focus on my driving 100% and then when I reach a destination, such as the back country or such, where everything else is replaced by my location, use the time to reflect and go over things in my head. Sure it's not good to go driving if your raging or can't focus, but a nice drive in the country, tunes playing, windows open, can sure do a lot to calm the soul.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #14
senile member

120 film, some scanned, huge files. I'm drooling over that 36 mp Nikon digital slr.