Notices

Any Anchorage/Jim's Creek guys?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
D3nt is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Fighter Crew Chief
Name: Tyler
D3nt's Tacoma Gallery
Any Anchorage/Jim's Creek guys?

I'm looking for Anchorage area guys to give me a few tips. I don't know of any trails in the area other than Jim's Creek and a few wimpy trails around base (JBER). I'm new to off-roading. I had an '86 Samurai that was VERY capable despite stock and a '79 Chevy that I never got on any good trails up here. Other than that, my experience is limited. I'm looking for a trail that's gonna be friendly to my stock Tacoma, a friend's stock Frontier and a Silverado.

I know where Jim's Creek is but I'm not too familiar with the actual trails and I know it's a big ORV area. Are there any beginner friendly trails around here? And I here some nasty rumors about soot from the eruption a few years back killing engines. Anyone know how true that is?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, just saw this. You should check out the 4x4 meet and greet fathers day weekend. Just poke around and ask questions, everyone there will be a wealth of knowledge to you. Also check out the AK section on here, we're always talking trails and stuff.