Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Window sun glare help

Old 06-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
Window sun glare help

I'm finding this an issue lately. I enjoy hauling ass on desolate forest roads. I enjoy it more with non existant traffic, when it cools down and the flys aren't as annoying. So I'm out usually early evening.

I usually only encounter 3-4 motorcrossers, at the most. Maybe a rare camper or a pair of dual sports. And they're never out that late in the day...

At some moments i can't see shit. Curious if anyone can chime in that's had this issue and has developed a solution?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
sungalsses?

persimmon/yellow lenses?

Im lost.............u get glare from oncoming, or u have glare from the sun?

maybe a lower windshield tint strip?

I cant understand what ur saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by License2Ill View Post
I'm finding this an issue lately. I enjoy hauling ass on desolate forest roads. I enjoy it more with non existant traffic, when it cools down and the flys aren't as annoying. So I'm out usually early evening.

I usually only encounter 3-4 motorcrossers, at the most. Maybe a rare camper or a pair of dual sports. And they're never out that late in the day...

At some moments i can't see shit. Curious if anyone can chime in that's had this issue and has developed a solution?
Quote:
Brake cleaner? Ram's piss? Anything?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
polarized sun glasses

and rams piss.

as seen on TV eagle eye glasses work great too,
no bullshit. they might look like fubar but the optics are amazing.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
I know exactly what you mean.

When the sun is low in the sky and you're driving west bound into it the glare illuminates any dust and dirt on the windshield and makes it difficult to see.

Carry glass cleaner and some towels. Clean your windshield.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah. Just re-read my op. Derp.

Late afternoon sun completely blinds me. I wear polar glasses. But I take them off and still can't see shit. Hoping to find something to clean the windsheid to make it optically clear.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis24 View Post
I know exactly what you mean.

When the sun is low in the sky and you're driving west bound into it the glare illuminates any dust and dirt on the windshield and makes it difficult to see.

Carry glass cleaner and some towels. Clean your windshield.
There we go. Perfectly said.

Well windex, rainex and invisible glass wipes do no worky. Just looking for a "dumbass! everybody uses 'such and such' " response.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
skeezix is on a distinguished road
skeezix's Tacoma Gallery
First I "pre-clean" the windshield with paper towels and a can of glass cleaner. Then I use a spray can of Invisible Glass and a CLEAN microfiber cloth (16x16). I try to wipe and dry the windshield before the IG begins to run more that about 2 inches.

I use that cloth twice and then get out another...

If I use the microfiber cloth more than 2 or 3 times, I never get all the reflective residue left by the cleaner.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

To steal a quote from oz,

"Wut?"