Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Hit some trails with me in Socal this Saturday

Old 02-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Hit some trails with me in Socal this Saturday

Anyone here interested in hitting some minor trails with me this Saturday? I have a '08 4x4 and never taken it offroad.

I have no sliders or underbody armour but have new BF Muds...Don't really wanna damage the truck just yet but would be interested in hitting some trails.

anyone? Send me a PM...
Old 02-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
Ooops forgot to mention...somewhat close to South OC...
Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Indian Truck Trail?

I don't know if I can go, but there's a suggestion!

I'll get back to you if I can go.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
How about meeting up and taking the Silverado Canyon trail from West to East? (Riverside County to Orange County)?

That seems fun. Never done it. do I need to bring anything special besides the truck and water, food, etc.???
Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What's the difficulty?!

You might want to invest in a recovery strap as well! Just incase!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
I got a recovery strap

I'm not sure of the difficulty rating.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #7

Check this out man.

http://dirtopia.com/wiki/Orange_County%2C_California
Old 02-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
How about Trabuco Creek Road?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
How about Trabuco Creek Road?
Trabuco Creek road is pretty cool!
DEfintely prerunner friendly
Old 02-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #10
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Trabuco Creek road is pretty cool!
DEfintely prerunner friendly
Noe lets go!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #11
Wanna go? We could meet at a store or restaurant nearby...bring lunch and stuff. My lady would prob wanna cruise too.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
How long is it?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #13
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im down!
Are you guys down for this Saturday??

It really isn't anything too crazy... more of a kickback trail...After rain, it gets HUGE mud puddles tho...

These are a few videos of Trabuco Creek Road (Holy Jim Trail):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF7KB...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAlvAwgEsss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjeqW...eature=related
Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #14
10am. Meet at...?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Im down!
Are you guys down for this Saturday??
yeah im down, as long as its pre runner friendly lol. where exaclty in so cal is it?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
10am. Meet at...?
We can meet at Cooks Corner (see link below)
http://www.cookscorners.com/about.html
^Its about 5-10 minutes away from there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtacoma View Post
yeah im down, as long as its pre runner friendly lol. where exaclty in so cal is it?
Trabuco Canyon
^Its about 5-10 mins away from there
Sorry, thats the best map i could find as of now...
I'll take my friend...he knows that trail really well

**i posted some vids a few posts above, check them out so you can get a rough idea of what to expect...**
Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #17
SoCal Tacomas

alright cool, i dont think its rained that bad recently to have that much water has it? we got the urd tcai so water is a no good for us lol
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtacoma View Post
alright cool, i dont think its rained that bad recently to have that much water has it? we got the urd tcai so water is a no good for us lol
I SERIOUSLY doubt that there will be that much mud out there now...
Old 02-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #19
SoCal Tacomas

Quote:
I SERIOUSLY doubt that there will be that much mud out there now...
haha yeah thats wat i was thinking...
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #20

So What's up??? You guys wanna do this??
Here's a somewhat better map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...9&z=15&iwloc=A
The trail would start at "Trabuco Creek Rd."