What do you mean I can't go there?
Devilscar is on a distinguished road

Name: Thoreau
Devilscar's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Devilscar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Coming through Denver?

Good: Jump off I-70 nine miles after Limon and take 86 to I-25. You can either head North on I-25 or cross over and take 85 (Santa Fe) back to C470, and that back up to I-70. Not only do you skip the toll parts of C470, from where 85 hits the loop it's pretty much empty and scenic. It costs about 10 minutes on paper and you skip the entire mess of driving downtown through the city.

Better: Jump off at Limon and take 24 down to Colorado Springs, and pick up I-25 South. Take 115 to Canon City where it hits 50 which is a much nicer drive into Moab, and you can't go wrong no matter which way you go.

Best: Just keep going South on I-25 and hit Great Sand Dunes National park. Not only are the Dunes pretty amazing, but you can light 4x4 out the back and head for Medano Pass, the camping back there along the beaver ponds cannot be beat. (You could probably come in through Medano Pass too, basically into Alamosa instead of out of)

And unless you have Verizon you won't have Pandora much past Salina Kansas- or any reception again until Limon, and just forget using it out West. Speaking which, go ahead and hop off at Salina and head South into town to fill up- barely 3 miles off I-70 the gas is cheap and it's a cute little town. No friends there, but I always go.
Thanks for the tip
Old 06-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #22
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Since Alamosa was mentioned, stop at the San Juan Brewing Company in downtown. Great beer and food.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #23
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
You should check out Yosemite if you have the chance. Just make sure you have cash to pay the entrance fee, and gas up before you get near it, because gas costs an arm and a leg there. It's definitely something you should see if you can.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
You should check out Yosemite if you have the chance. Just make sure you have cash to pay the entrance fee, and gas up before you get near it, because gas costs an arm and a leg there. It's definitely something you should see if you can.
That would be a really cool place. Isn't Yosemite where Dean Potter did the highest crossing on a tight rope?

How is the camping out there?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm8ImFWx1ac
Old 07-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #26

See who I can out in Arizona. My trip goes from Coolsville Ohio, through the badlands, down to denver, then up to Jackson hole then down to arizona.

Yup, already started
Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #27
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Check out death valley. Cool spot and has some trails.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Check out death valley. Cool spot and has some trails.
Haha, Death Valley is on my list after the Grand Canyon.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #29
jgillchevy is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired 11B 1SG
Name: Dan
jgillchevy's Tacoma Gallery
LOVE a road trip !!

MAN a 3 month long road trip.....you must be unemployed, AND rich !! Im jealous! You should keep a daily journal, take mega pics and videos because you may never be able to do something like this again. Have fun and stay safe!!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #30
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Hit me up when you come through grand junction, there are a few quick trails that are a lot of fun, also some pretty good beer here.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgillchevy View Post
MAN a 3 month long road trip.....you must be unemployed, AND rich !! Im jealous! You should keep a daily journal, take mega pics and videos because you may never be able to do something like this again. Have fun and stay safe!!
Haha, no, not rich, I've been working for 4 years to get up to do this.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
Hit me up when you come through grand junction, there are a few quick trails that are a lot of fun, also some pretty good beer here.
Aw man, I don't know if I'll be heading that way or not. I'll see if I can. Sick build by the way XD
Old 07-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #33
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
I would check out Crater Lake. We did a road trip 4 years back and Crater Lake was amazing. Good camping there in the park, there's a little market and I think also a pizza restaurant, oddly enough. Anyway, they have coin showers there with hot water, also.

Hike down to the lake and spend some time, it is really amazingly clear. I would love to go again.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
I would check out Crater Lake. We did a road trip 4 years back and Crater Lake was amazing. Good camping there in the park, there's a little market and I think also a pizza restaurant, oddly enough. Anyway, they have coin showers there with hot water, also.

Hike down to the lake and spend some time, it is really amazingly clear. I would love to go again.
That may or may not have to wait. I've always wanted to visit that. It's such a cool looking place and I've never been. It's up in Oregon, and sadly though I don't know if gas and cost will let me make it there. For sure it's going on the list for a place to visit in the future.