Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Lifesaver Jerry can (water filtration)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Lifesaver Jerry can (water filtration)

So ive been on a preparedness kick. Been looking at different things. Including emergency food and what not. Then I happened upon this gem. Capable of filtering 20000L ~ 5300 gallons of water for ~$400.00. Do the math and even having this around instead of buying bottled water is smart. This allows you to filter water anywhere including contaminated sources and filter to drinking specs. Pretty incredible if you ask me. I may buy one this week.

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/life...1#.UcaELzn9LU4
Old 06-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
So ive been on a preparedness kick. Been looking at different things. Including emergency food and what not. Then I happened upon this gem. Capable of filtering 20000L ~ 5300 gallons of water for ~$400.00. Do the math and even having this around instead of buying bottled water is smart. This allows you to filter water anywhere including contaminated sources and filter to drinking specs. Pretty incredible if you ask me. I may buy one this week.

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/life...1#.UcaELzn9LU4
I have that product book marked for a future add to my emergency preparedness kit
Old 06-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I have that product book marked for a future add to my emergency preparedness kit
What are you preparing for?

For when US goes to shit and we all go north?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
What are you preparing for?

For when US goes to shit and we all go north?
Earthquake mostly , or extended storm / power outage in winter

BC has a program that encourages self sufficiency for 72 hours for each household
Old 06-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

BC has a program that encourages self sufficiency for 72 hours for each household
Not a bad idea, Im considering a 6 month plan myself. Katrina and the recent hurricane in New Jersey should be enough motivation for some people to realize its possible for those situations to pop up.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Not a bad idea, Im considering a 6 month plan myself. Katrina and the recent hurricane in New Jersey should be enough motivation for some people to realize its possible for those situations to pop up.
The thing I really like about this product is essentially it will last as long as you need it
Old 09-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
I've just had an apostrophe.
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
I've got one of these that I keep in the GHB in the truck, with a spare filter cartridge.
http://www.amazon.com/Katadyn-Vario-...water+purifier

Each cartridge is rated for 500 gallons, so I figure that should be more than enough for me to get back to the house.
Where I have the well, and a hand pump rigged up in the cellar...
Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
subd definately going to have to get a few. especially when murica shits itself and i have to become neighbors with OZ ;D
Old 09-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Most places urge the residents to be prepared for a 72 hr. stretch but residents seem to ignore them. Personally, I have a stock of bottled water and food to get my family and I through at least 3 days. I also have a 5 gallon cooler that I fill up before any major storm just in case. This product looks pretty awesome for camping, hunting or any extended off road trip.

I just started poking around that link, there's a Lifesaver bottle that will filter 6,000 liters for $159. Not a bad option to throw in a hiking pack.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #10
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
That is pretty cool. I wish I could afford something like that but massive amounts of bottled water will have to suffice.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #11
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting.

I've bookmarked this as well. Part of my job at a vaccine production plant is to produce ultra-pure Water For Injection. We have a number of steps, including carbon filtration, but that is merely to remove chlorine or chloramines from the water to prevent the reverse osmosis membranes from getting eaten up. It is amazing how quickly bacteria grows in water as soon as you take the chlorine out. Essentially, it is immediately.

As far as emergency water, I think this is a good idea as long as you filter the cleanest water you can to avoid clogging up the filter. I guess it can be cleaned, but really should cleaned in clean water...

And technically with a 0.015 micron filter, you could pee in it and produce pure water.

On my list for power outages!

Products Discussed in this Thread