Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

RotoPaxs

Old 06-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
HaPPyCaMPer is on a distinguished road

HaPPyCaMPer's Tacoma Gallery
RotoPaxs

RotopaXs, Im about to pull the trigger on some of these with the mount to our bed rails.

Any quick opinions? Not much came up in search.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
What mount are you using? I have a few of these cans and was planning on just securing them to my roof basket.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
What mount are you using? I have a few of these cans and was planning on just securing them to my roof basket.
http://rotopax.com/Toyota-Nissan-Tru...ack-Mount.html
Old 06-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #4

Do these seal really well? Was thinking of filling a blue one with rice as a emergency food supply. That would be enough food to last a few weeks if you had a source of water to boil.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt fill one of them with rice... If you want to carry reserve food use air tight and sealed bags and pack them into one of the storage specific packs

http://rotopax.com/Storage-Pack-Single.html
Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
I wouldnt fill one of them with rice... If you want to carry reserve food use air tight and sealed bags and pack them into one of the storage specific packs

http://rotopax.com/Storage-Pack-Single.html

Rice stores really well, I keep about 100-200 lbs on hand. Hell the guys at my work (asian families) store 600-800 lbs (they buy it like once a year when first seasonal batch comes in)
You can store it up to a year in the bags it ships in so Id imagine that it would store just as well in the cans

20lbs of rice is like 40-50 lbs of food
Old 06-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPPyCaMPer View Post
Well I'll be dipped. I'm going to have to buy some of those.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPPyCaMPer View Post
Rice stores really well, I keep about 100-200 lbs on hand. Hell the guys at my work (asian families) store 600-800 lbs (they buy it like once a year when first seasonal batch comes in)
You can store it up to a year in the bags it ships in so Id imagine that it would store just as well in the cans

20lbs of rice is like 40-50 lbs of food
If you are going to fill the jug up with Rice I would advise using the white can which is designed specifically for water and is the only food safe rotopax. The others are all lined with a heavy interior coating for safe fuel storage
Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
If you are going to fill the jug up with Rice I would advise using the white can which is designed specifically for water and is the only food safe rotopax. The others are all lined with a heavy interior coating for safe fuel storage
Just an idea, roomate thought of it when I was showing him the cans. Though it would be a good back up for a multi-day trip on the trails.

Yah white would be best
Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
TuRD TACO
DeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
DeSean Thick's Tacoma Gallery
i just went to lowes and picked up a bag full of rubber and metal washers, a 9" bolt, a wingnut and pieced together something myself. I don't hang the pax entirely on the rails, but you can sit them on the wheel well inside the bed and the mounting hole lines up perfectly with the rail. $10 solution if you don't mind that it won't lock (although that wouldn't be hard either) and it's very secure as the wheel well holds all the weight. I have two waterpax mounted side-by-side and they stayed put through a weekend in moab