1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trail Options In Sierra National Forest

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by AllMountainToy, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Jun 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    AllMountainToy

AllMountainToy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 TRDOR
    2 3/4 OME Suspension Lift with 885, with trim packer, 1/4" top plate spacer, swaybar relo bracket. Dakar leaf pack with 3rd leaf removed. 285/70/17" BFG AT. XD Wheels with 4.5 BS, Best Top Soft Top, Undercover winch mount with Warn 8k winch (with synthetic line), Pioneer touchscreen double din head unit. 4X innovations welded sliders. roof mounted DVD system.ATO dual battery tray with dual yellow tops. Rugged ridge isolator kit.
    Looking to see if others have any recommendations for trails in Sierra Natl. Forest near Shaver Lake other than Bald Mountain.

Looking for something similar to wheel and open camp.

Thanks

2. Jun 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    AllMountainToy

AllMountainToy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 TRDOR
    2 3/4 OME Suspension Lift with 885, with trim packer, 1/4" top plate spacer, swaybar relo bracket. Dakar leaf pack with 3rd leaf removed. 285/70/17" BFG AT. XD Wheels with 4.5 BS, Best Top Soft Top, Undercover winch mount with Warn 8k winch (with synthetic line), Pioneer touchscreen double din head unit. 4X innovations welded sliders. roof mounted DVD system.ATO dual battery tray with dual yellow tops. Rugged ridge isolator kit.
  3. Aug 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM
    javajunk-e

javajunk-e Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Cal
    Vehicle:
    '09, Super White, DC, LB, 4x4, SR5.
    Tacoma all weather floor mats, N-Fab Prerunner light bar w/ Hella 500ff lights, mag-lite mod, Hi-lift jack, Wet Okole seat covers, Revenge Fab sliders, ARE MX shell with Thule racks, and a Bed Rug.
    I know you asked where to go wheelin' over a month ago. I just thought I would throw this out there... There is a series of books by Roger Mitchell, he has written several books just for the Sierras with many different areas covered. He has a book called The High Sierra SUV Trails Volume II - The Western Slope. I have Volume 1- The East Side and INYO-MONO books. They range from a simple 1 hour ride or several day excursions. They are very detailed books and have very accurate descriptions of of the geography, difficulty of the trail, and history of the area. I have taken several of these trails in the book and they have been great! The website is www.trackandtrailpublications.com Good Luck!!!

4. Aug 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    nigglewiggle60

nigglewiggle60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nigel
    Oakhurst, CA
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC 4x4 TRD
    Rubber mats, Bluetooth.
  5. Aug 13, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    Pdugan6

Pdugan6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Sunnyvale California
    Vehicle:
    3 link solid axle 2011 Tacoma 4x4
    Check out brewer lake. It is awesome. From shaver lake head up the grade on 168 towards Huntington lake and when you see the second snow park called tamarack snow park turn right into the lot. Follow signs to brewer lake trail head. The last 80 yards of the trail are serious but a stock 4x4 can make it through the rest. There are some fun sections that are pretty rocky and tight.
    Pack your trash;)

6. Aug 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM
    ilove_taco_ma

ilove_taco_ma Well-Known Member

Member:
    fresno, california
    Vehicle:
    95 tacoma 4wd LX
    nothing, all stock expect got a OE replacement air filter K&N.
    brewer lake is real nice. some areas of the trail can get real tacky and narrow. OP, looks like you have a 2nd gen tacoma its a little complicated to get around some tight turns with tree trunks on each side. its possible but a challenge. :D

7. Aug 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Pdugan6

Pdugan6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Sunnyvale California
    Vehicle:
    3 link solid axle 2011 Tacoma 4x4
    I have 2nd gen too. It is real fun. I can't get to the bottom yet.....YET. The last 50 yds are pretty serious.

Products Discussed in

To Top