Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Video - Crawl Box Trail Test

Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Video - Crawl Box Trail Test

My buddy put together some videos he took of my crawl box testing trip, so I thought I'd share. The trail is China Wall, and the video was taken back in February. Overall, I'm loving the control that the new low range gives me, especially with a manual transmission rig. Hope you enjoy the video!

http://youtu.be/0hRnUBoZ9t4
Old 01-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
What setup did you use?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
mtran is on a distinguished road
mtran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
What setup did you use?
According to his build thread it's the Inchworm dual case setup.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #4
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Ha I should have done investigating. Smart phones made me lazy.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^Yeah, sorry for the late reply... Like you guys said, I'm using the Inchworm setup with 2.28 gears in it.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #6
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good brother!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #8
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Thanks man!
I am looking at that same set up. How do you like it? I am running 4:88 gears...
Thanks.....
Old 01-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #9
Independant Thinker

^I really like it. On the street, the truck drives just like stock. On mild trails, I still have my 2.56:1 low range, then on the nasty stuff, I have my 5.85 low range. Overall, it's been great!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #10
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the reply. I am going to start looking for a 79-94 4cylinder transfer case and buy the adaptors from inchworm.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
Independant Thinker

^Sounds like a good plan... just be sure to get a 23 spline case. Or upgrade to the 23 spline setup when you get your case. If you ever have any questions, you know where to find me.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
^Sounds like a good plan... just be sure to get a 23 spline case. Or upgrade to the 23 spline setup when you get your case. If you ever have any questions, you know where to find me.
Thanks.... much appreciated. ....