Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

need a bumper for 3rd world, help

Old 07-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #21
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy View Post
Where at and how large are these crumple zones. Just curious
Look behind the bumper, theres a span of about 6-8" (guessing) where there are little indentations in the err frame.

I mean if you really want to bash shit I'd probably plate those whole sections... they are there for safety though.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Look behind the bumper, theres a span of about 6-8" (guessing) where there are little indentations in the bumper.

I mean if you really want to bash shit I'd probably plate those whole sections... they are there for safety though.
I agree Max.....beyond the center of the bumper, the outer wings have very little bracing. Although, I hit the little Honda in this area & the bumper did not bend (low speed collision....around 20mph), I could see where these outer ends of the bumper are NOT as beefy as the center.

Below is my bumper & you should see her car.....1/3 of the quarter panel/trunk was crushed up like an aluminum can.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #23
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Warputer, got a pic of the honda? Lol