Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

4 Day Expo Trip ThroughLamartine Ghost Town

Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
4 Day Expo Trip ThroughLamartine Ghost Town

I while back headed out for the Lamartine townsite. (sounded like a cool place to see) Here's a quick run down of our adventure.
Day 1:
By the time we started airing down at Cascade Creek, the sun was already going down. With no one around and low light, it made the trip seem more exciting!

Day 2:
We got up early, had some breakfast and packed up our stuff to head to Lamartine.

We arrived at the townsite around 10am and explored for a bit. The scenery was beautiful.

After that, we decided to pick out a camp spot, in case the area got busy during the day.

Once we were settled, we headed out to the Lamartine mine, heading for the big tailing piles first.

Apparently, there are a number of structures still standing at the mine so we decided to go look for them. As we were doing that, I got distracted by what appeared to be an open shaft on a side road.

I climbed to the mouth of the shaft.

Then got in a little way.

and just a little more.

The ceiling and walls were looking pretty precarious, so I decided that was enough adventure for me.

I climbed back out, and we headed back to camp to call it a day.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's day 3:
We were going to head back up Saxon Mtn. trail, but it was too deep with snow, so we headed back the backside of the Cascade Creek loop.
Here are some pics that I liked from that leg
The trail started at above 10,000 feet, so there was a good mix of dense forest and open views. As the trail progressed the vistas gave way to streams and small water falls.

The colors were cool on this deadwood

Cool views

About a mile after the Saxon Mtn. trailhead (which we didn't take), we came across this cabin. It's in good shape!

After that, we came to this water crossing and the water was just glowing in the morning light. I tried to capture it with my camera, but couldn't quite get it.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Independant Thinker

So I was getting a couple pictures of some Aspen trees and such when I came across a place I call "Camp Deliverance".
It looks like a small, active mine.

Overall, a great trip!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoyed the pics and travel log.

It doesn't take a lot, a few words, a couple of pictures a day to make a nice review of a trip like that.

Thanks for posting